Would you bend over to pick up a penny on the ground? Or maybe a nickel?

by JH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Yesterday evening I was taking a long walk, and then I saw a nickel (5 cents) on the sidewalk, so I didn't even bother to pick it up. Then walking away I was surprised that I didnt even pick it up. I know that I would never pick up a penny, but a nickel, usually I do pick that up. Then about 50 feet further I saw a dime on the ground...lol, so I picked it up and put it in my pocket. That was more interesting.

I remember going in the field service with a stingy elder, he would pick up just about anything on the ground....a screw, a nut, anything, and put it in his pocket..

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Lucky day! I always pick up change and consider it a good omen.

• hubert
    hubert

Definitely a nickel.

If no one was looking, I'd go for the penny.

Hubert

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

it would depend where i was and what sort of company i was with.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Make it a quarter and we're in business!

There should be metal-detector sorta thingees that can detect dollar bills (of various denominations)....

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I always pick up loose change on the ground. Oftentimes, I will find more than one penny on the pavement... perhaps two or three.

I used to always love to go to Sonic... and walk around the parking spots, where invariably, I'd find anywhere from 5 to 10 cents... in pennies.

My girlfriend always asks if it was 'heads' or not... she says that if its' 'tails' then it is 'bad luck'.

I don't believe in such nonsense... I feel that any change I pick is good.

Regards,

Jim TX

• ballistic
    ballistic

When I was a kid, I found 10p in one of those arcade machines where the coins move back and forth and you're supposed to put money in to try and knock more down.

I then realised that coins would drop on their own accord every now and then. I spoent all afternoon in the arcade and collected 2.80.

When I showed my mother she said I had "benefited from the proceeds of gambling" and made me put it all in the contribution box.

• Dimples
    Dimples

I don't bother picking up change, I usually have so much on me anyway. Now bills, that is a different story. If I found a bill all alone by itself and knew it didn't belong to anybody...I would go for it.

DIMPLES

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I never pick up a penny because I am afraid it will bring bad luck to me, lol. Really my son told me if you find it tails up, or heads it means one thing or the other, good luck or bad. Since I don't know which is which , I just leave it alone. Why tempt fate ya know. LOL

• Ellie
    Ellie

I wouldn't bother picking up a penny, but a few months back I found £80 on the floor, I picked that up sharpish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit