Would you bend over to pick up a penny on the ground? Or maybe a nickel?

by JH 40 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

Poor Ballistic....your mama made you contribute huh???? I bent over and scooped up a fifty dollar bill once when I was about 13. I was at the fair.....woohoo....$50.00 was a lot of money for a 13 year old. My mom made me share it with my brothers, but it was fun.

No, I don't bend over to pick up pennies, or nickels, but anything larger I will.

Delilah

• hubert
    hubert

One place where I worked, we used to glue a penny to the floor, and watch to see who tries to pick it up.

Lots of laughs !!

Hubert

• prophecor
    prophecor

Wont bend over for nothing under a quarter. I still have my priorities and self respect.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Yea, I would, sure!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Big butt in the air or not, I pick up any money I find no matter the amount. It usually ends up in Kevan's birthday jar with all of his daily change. It amounts to $150 - 200 dollars a year Birthday money!

• Dimples
    Dimples
    $50.00 was a lot of money for a 13 year old.

Heck...$50.00 is a lot of money for any age. Why can't I be that lucky? I remember losing a whole weeks pay once. Boy did that hurt, I can imagine the joy of the person who found that!

DIMPLES

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Once when I was pioneering™ me and another pioneer™ were doing street work™. As an experiment we tossed several pennies around the entrance to the subway station to see who would pick them up. All of them were picked up by well dressed businessmen. They were ignored by others.

Sure, I'll pick up a penny. Why not? It's not as though it'll break my back to do it.

W

• nilfun
    nilfun

I pick up any change I see -- it isn't a self respect issue for me...Having lived through some hard times, I guess I'm just thrifty that way

• JH
    JH

Gee, I remember a time when I would throw pennies out the window of my car...

My mom is just the opposite, she always keeps a few pennies on her, incase she buys something and it cost something like $10.01, so she rathers to give out a penny than to receive 4 pennies.

I don't mind, I receive 4 pennies in return, and I put them in the penny bowl (jar) at the convenience store. I hate pennies.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

A dime... maybe a nickel.

I've dropped pennies on the sidewalk and never even considered picking them up.

I really think the penny and nickel need to be done away with. I would have no problem with prices being rounded off to the nearest dime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit