sheesh!

Kansas District Overbeer

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

That's crazy.

Kwin

• horrible life
    horrible life

I would fire their asses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They would never get a government or state job for the rest of their lives. They would get some prison time and lots of community service. If I had any athority, I would be your worst nightmare. HL

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

I said this in another thread. The nature of preservation of life leads me to believe that possessions are unimportant. Life is important. If it was my Wal-mart, I'd put a sign up that said "Take what you need. I promise you will face no prosecution." After it is all said and done, if I have structured my business properly, insurance would cover the loss. Even if it wouldn't cover the loss, can you properly quantify the feeling in your heart if you were to place possession over the survival of your fellow man?

Dominick (of the its okay to be human today class)

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

And I agree with you CHL. The only thing I really see wrong in that picture is that people were not just walking out with things they needed. there was a kid pushing out a "Grave Digger Power Wheels" out the door near the end of the vid.

The cops were shopping and seeing what I could that was in their cart, none of it looked like food to me.

Its simply people taking advantage of the situation for a profit or just to satisfy personal wants.

Kansas District Overbeer

• daystar
    daystar
    If it was my Wal-mart, I'd put a sign up that said "Take what you need. I promise you will face no prosecution." After it is all said and done, if I have structured my business properly, insurance would cover the loss.

I doubt they would cover it if they found that you put a sign up that invited people to loot the property. And you could not promise that they won't face prosecution, only that you personally would not be filing charges.

No business owner or manager in their right mind would overtly invite looting of their business property.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Thank ya Jesus! Got me some new shoes!!!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Actually, the cops (some anyway) in NO are turning in their badges and quiting. Police and political corruption has been a mainstay on Louisianna for years so go figure,

Hill

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

It's one thing if someone in New Orleans took food or water to stay alive. I couldn't find fault with that (even the police), not with the reality of life there right now.

But for these officers to so brazenly rip off clothes, shoes and anything else you can lay your hands on is shocking. Personally I think once control is back in the city, they should not only be fired, they should be prosecuted.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

pr_capone - posts like yours make me wish that I was a moderator

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit