WTBTS: Do Not Mark Donations For Relief Efforts - Mark World Wide Work

by Honesty 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

In addition to my previous post, I have heard it said by JWs that we don't know where the money goes when given to "other" charities and funds for these causes.

Do you know just where YOUR donations are going (other than the destination given on the check) when they go to the WTS?

Which would you feel was more worthy----thousands of dollars on landscaping, waterfalls, imported Italian marble floors, and very expensive and elaborate lighting fixtures and lavish surroundings for "Kingdom-related" buildings?

Or, seeing to it that hungry and very needy people (even fellow "brothers in many cases) that you KNOW would benefit by your hard-earned contributons? The WTS and its JWs love to boast about how "Jehovah has blessed them" with these fancy buildings etc, but don't stop and think that the MEMBERS have "blessed them" BY their donations! If it wasn't for the JWs the WTS wouldn't have one thin dime to brag about!

The cold hard facts are that the WTS does not have a co-ordinated effort by itself, to truly "help" mankind whatsoever, either worldwide or on a local level. They don't even encourage the JWs to "give" to any other "fund" BUT the WTS, do they?

For the religion that that claims to be the only channel on the face of the earth that God is approves of and is using, the reality and the cold hard facts are, that the WTS has a deplorable record of helping out folks regardless of religion during ANY disaster.

They truly make me sick to my stomach.

• jwsons
    jwsons

Any cheque or donation please mark as "To: Judas Iscariot"
    Is it same tactic ? http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/97162/1.ashx
    jwsons

• avishai
    avishai

How about sending a check marked "for WORLDLY OR INACTIVE Katrina victims ONLY!!!!"

Think they'd cash it?

• carla
    carla

Do you think they will ask for $ at Sunday's meeting?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Do you think they will ask for $ at Sunday's meeting?

I don't ever recall a sunday meeting where they *didn't* ask for donations.

• carla
    carla

Oh, I meant in response to Katrina. I thought they didn't beg for money like the churches of Christendom, only have a little box in the back.

Funny, husband & I were just discussing the Red Cross & other charities. Then I mentioned that now the scam artists will likely be out soon. And that there are even a few 'charities' telling people not mark their checks for hurrican relief, but instead let the charity decide how it will be spent. Got a few tsk,tsks out of him on that. Wonder what he will say when I finally tell him I was talking about the WT and even called them myself!

carla

• Honesty
    Honesty

Oh, I meant in response to Katrina. I thought they didn't beg for money like the churches of Christendom, only have a little box in the back. The church I belong to passes a wooden plate around on Sunday but I have never heard them give a 'talk' about contributing like I did for 15 years at Kingdom halls and Assemblies.

Funny, husband & I were just discussing the Red Cross & other charities. Then I mentioned that now the scam artists will likely be out soon. And that there are even a few 'charities' telling people not mark their checks for hurrican relief, but instead let the charity decide how it will be spent. Got a few tsk,tsks out of him on that. Wonder what he will say when I finally tell him I was talking about the WT and even called them myself! Wait until he hears the conversation with the Service Department about how to designate Hurricane Relief Donations when it gets put up on the internet.

• gringojj
    gringojj

Honesty did you record it?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Honesty did you record it?

The results will be posted in an audio file on several websites as soon as the technical administrator recieves and transfers the media material which was preserved for posterity. (bubspeak for you betcha)

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

aloha,

I'm haven't been here for a while--so hello everyone. Like most everyone I have been very sad about the hurricane disaster. I have been receiving some of those witness forwards about the hurrincane efforts by the JWs (the first I've heard from any JWs in months--I wonder what message they are giving me here).

I commend anyone who is helping in anyway during this disaster, but the emails make it sound like they are the only ones who are showing love for their brothers and sisters. I have been very separated from anything JW in a while, but I these emails are rather irking. But the witness effort (while any effort is commendable) is only a miniscule scratch in helping with a disaster of this magnitude. the end of one of these mails talked about how grateful we should be knowing how we can count on our loving brothers and sisters in times of need. I don't see it.

My husband was downtown today and saw a whole herd of JWs out in service--probably making the most of the disaster to promote the message (they do seem to thrive on disasters). They snubbed my hubby and didn't even give him a hello, being that he is now the unbelieving mate of an inactive sister. can you feel the love?

Many well meaning JWs will donate their money to the WT org thinking the money will be used to help hurrinane victims. The Wt will use it however it pleases and most likely to protect their assets (Wt building and properties) and second to help those who care for their WT buildings and properties. In all the 20 years of being in the Org I have personally never known anyone who has received any direct assistance from WT funds--just loans to build kingdom halls (to be paid back with interest).

I donated money to the WT for years--I was delusional then and thought the almightly WT Org could do know wrong.

From now on my money goes straight to the red cross.

cybs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit