The Time Of The End: Could It Be Upon Us?

by jayhawk1 41 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

It has been so long since I had anything to say on this site. But here it goes...

For those who don't know or remember my story... Five years ago I walked out of the Kingdom Hall for the last time. It was the weekend after my dad tragically died and just a few weeks after reading sites like Freeminds.org. From that point on, I got married and began a new life forgetting everything I was taught at the Kingdom Hall. Now here I am setting in the middle of Kansas watching gas go up 1 dollar in the past 10 weeks, watching New Orleans being torn to pieces and watching my income dry up. Just months ago, we watched a Tsunami rip up Asia. And, as if that wasn't enough, we've seen the middle east continue to crumble at a rapid pace.

Do any of you have any doubts about leaving Jehovah's Witnesses? How do you deal with these doubts? Do you feel this could be the end? Or, is this just another cycle in the grand scheme of things?

What doesn't help me, is my dad predicted the end would come in 2005, 30 years after the previous end date of 1975. His reasoning was: Jesus was 30 when he began his ministry. King David was 30 when he began his rule, and there was other 30 year dates in the bible.

Could there be anything to it? I think I must be losing my mind. HELP!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Take a breath

If we didn't have such amazing communication we would be blissfully ignorant of all these disasters.

These things have gone on since the birth of time. The black plague wiped out a THIRD of Europes population!!!! Jw's don't like to dwell on history too much as it proves life is actually better for most humans now.....

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi Jayhawk. You asked:

Do you feel this could be the end? Or, is this just another cycle in the grand scheme of things?

Personally I don't feel this could be the end. To me its an unfortunate tragedy.

I have learnt since leaving the witnesses not to put a lot of trust in numbers, years and predictions. I feel so much relief because I don't have these things weighing on my mind.

Hopefully you'll get some good feedback from people here and what they think of it all... I wish you peace of mind...

Miss Peaches

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Misspeaches, doofdaddy and others...

I guess maybe that's my problem. I get caught up in the numbers and how stressful my life has become in recent days.

How do I cope? How do I move on from my childhood as a Jehovah's Witness? It seems every time I think I have every doubt out of my mind an new doubt arises. One would think after 5 years that it would get easier to dismiss the lies I was taught. But then tragedy and stress attacks...

• peggy
    peggy

You may be feeling what I am feeling. Fear. The news right now is filled with the horror of people in CHAOS! This brings me back to my childhood fears. I am seeing people suffer and there is nothing tangible that I can do about it right now. In a few short hours these peoples lives were ripped apart and forever changed. In fact one news caster actually used the word Armegedon to describe the chaos. I too had thoughts of Armegedon, as this is still where my mind goes to when fear and chaos are reported. I am now in a place where I realize that so much of life can not be controled. I need to live for the day and be caring and helpful to others.

• Soledad
    Soledad

No. We are not in the time of the end. The nature of time is cyclical, not linear.

Humanity has seen these things in the past, as bad or even worse.

Humanity has survived. Forget about dates, years, events and "the end."

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Jay

Stress is rampant over the planet. How many people(including jws) are on medication? You are not alone in feeling anxious. It is not a sign of the end but an uncertainty with the rapidity of change....

For me, I try to do the opposite of what the media etc tells me. Ads tell you that you must have a new car to feel good about yourself? Go on a holiday instead.

You gotta work harder for your family or you are a bad parent? Cut back your hrs and spend it with your kids and wife. The media wants your MONEY not your happiness and contentment....

Just my thoughts and good luck!

• avishai
    avishai

Look at it this way. If we were'nt having natural disasters, would you be saying the time of the end was on us because of "peace and security?"

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Avishai

That's classic! Great reasoning.

It's a keeper for when the jws inevitably call with more bad news

• Honesty
    Honesty

Do any of you have any doubts about leaving Jehovah's Witnesses? NO. They are a doomsday cult that use terror and fear to control people..

How do you deal with these doubts? I don't have any.

Do you feel this could be the end? Yes, it could but I take to heart Jesus' words:

Luke 21:28; John 3:36; 5:24; 6:47; 8:53-54; 10:10; 10:28

Or, is this just another cycle in the grand scheme of things? It could be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit