Do you see the average Jehovah’s Witness as a victim...?

by trevor 35 Replies latest social relationships

• wanderlustguy
  • upside/down
    upside/down

What Terry said...

u/d

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

Victims, yes, but so are others that put their faith in mythical stories and dreams of an afterlife. JWs are no more victims than are Christians.

• trevor
    trevor

Sugarcane - Thank you for resurrecting this thread.

Terry

- I asked for a verdict and you have delivered, as always:

"Therefore, the short answer to the question: "Do you see the average Jehovah's Witness as a victim" would be:

No, they are fools! "

Everyone’s comments are appreciated.

• trevor
    trevor

The older I get the more realize that I am are responsible for my actions. I have become more aware and catch myself repeating behaviour that I know is undesirable but choose to do so.

I believe that we are far more aware of what we do, at a deeper level, that we want to admit to ourselves.

As Jehovah’s Witnesses, many of us stayed longer than we should have and enjoyed belonging in a group. Now we have moved on, we look back in disgust at our compliance because we would not capitulate in that way now.

It is often easier to blame others for our weakness that admit that we complied by choice.

I was brought up a Jehovah’s Witness but stayed long after I had seen through the whole scam. Who can I blame for that? Only me. I was a fool but after a certain point, a willing fool.

Today I am what I want to be. Back then I was what I wanted to be.

There is great freedom in taking responsibility for out past. It empowers us to take responsibility for our NOW!

Trevor getting there slowly!

• Terry
    Terry
    There is great freedom in taking responsibility for out past. It empowers us to take responsibility for our NOW!

Trevor getting there slowly!

Well said, my man---well said, indeed.

T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit