does god listen to prayers?

by el jarocho mayor 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

the question is does god listen...

if you believe in the existence of god then you will have no doubt that he can hear..the bible calls him the hearer of prayer...which must then mean he listens

but does he answer

well he didnt answer mine...and plenty other peoples...and yet some say he answered theirs..

so what is the determining factor..do some deserve an answer more than others..are some in a better relationship with him..do they have greater faith...

the randomness of so-called answers to prayers would appear to say no

did i deserve an answer...i most surely did

did i have faith...most certainly

did i have a good relationship...at the time no...but then plenty wrongdoers and 'unbelievers' have had their prayers 'answered'..

i had a phone call recently from an elder in my old kh who said maybe he was being 'directed' from god to speak to me...my reply was if that were true then god would surely know that much as i appreciate your concern..it is not you that i need to hear from...and why would he wait until i had stopped praying to answer me when i was quite prepared to listen a while back when i was praying and before so much damage had been done to my faith

my family keep telling me well god knows all and will act in his own time...

this is no comfort...because it means he did hear and he did listen...and he did...nothing

i would rather believe he just didnt hear

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

did i have a good relationship...at the time no...but then plenty wrongdoers and 'unbelievers' have had their prayers 'answered'..

The time will come when these wrongdoers would get what they really deserve...it appears they get through in life. They are not praying to God. Satan is behind money and success the wrong way - they wouldn't get away with it judgement day.

Hibiscusfire

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    The time will come when these wrongdoers would get what they really deserve...it appears they get through in life. They are not praying to God. Satan is behind money and success the wrong way - they wouldn't get away with it judgement day.

no that is not the point i was trying to make..

according to jw thinking god will direct his people to wrongdoers and unbelievers who are praying for answers or forgiveness..

people have tried to reason with me that my prayers werent answered at the time because i was df..and so shouldnt have expected to get an answer...

but i was praying to get back in...to be allowed to fix what i had done wrong..and i had long since stopped being involved in wrongdoing and i was never unrepentant anyway so shouldnt have been df..

and yet the very idea of god helping those that pray for help goes against the reasoning that he isnt interfering in mans affairs in order to allow time to answer the devils accusations...in other words whenever god 'hears' a cry for help he must be in anguish thinking ..oh i wish i could help but i dont want to upset satan

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Apparently not, my MIL's head hasn't exploded yet

• trevor
    trevor

Does God listen - does he answer?

The roses in my garden flowered again this year and I woke up this morning to find the sun shining.

What more do we expect?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

trev..not sure if that is rhetorical sarcasm...but...

did you pray for the sun and the roses

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, I can't say I believe in the type of god that answers prayers anymore. I may believe in god, but not the same kind as before. I suppose some could say he answers prayers in a different way to what you expect, but that is little more beneficial than saying "you will find a way" ; no one can live in torment ad infinitum, if god, doesn't answer your prayer, you will find a way to make the pain subside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit