does god listen to prayers?

by el jarocho mayor 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

I've never had any of my prayers answered. not a single one. not even that one to satan.

i can confirm that. not even satan listens.

• FairMind
    FairMind

I believe in God, so I pray to him. I believe that he has answered some of my prayers but not all. Why does God answer some prayers and not others? I don't know and I'm not in a position to second guess God. If you don't believe in god or believe he answers prayers then you would be wasting your time praying to him, so then why pray? Just my thoughts.

• willy_think
    willy_think
    does god listen to prayers?

He would, if he was.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Everyone should feel free to make me their God. You can petition me in prayer via PM.

I promise to read every PM. I promise to answer every PM. The answer will almost always be NO!

But hey, at least you'll get an answer!

W

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Hmmm, did I kill the thread? This isn't very encouraging to us wannabe gods, ya know?

W

• Terry
    Terry
    There are some who believe that what you imagine and put energy into will become reality

Mystical and insane unless you imagine you can achieve something and set out to make it happen. In the end, it is what you MAKE HAPPEN that becomes real. In which case, it is your achievement and not your prayer or your belief; but, your action which accomplishes the deed.

T.

• Terry
    Terry
    There may be something real about the 'collective consciousness'

And how does this differ from the Collective Unconscious of Jung?

Terry

• banished1
    banished1

All my life I prayed to God, during my parent's awful fights and during their divorce, when friends suffered auto accidents, when I was stuck on side of the freeway with no cell phone, when my house burned to the ground and so on. I also prayed when I was so miserable in the JWs I prayed for God to help me cause I was dying (spiritually and emotionally) so yeah.....I guess he does hear our prayers!

• banished1
    banished1

But truthfully after being dfd and now apart from a Christian group and my reverant family, I dont pray anymore. My experience with the JW has ruined my spirituality. I am the damned wicked, the banished, the good as dead, the living soon to be manure for the new earth. How can I pray now? I have prayed to Jehovah for forgiveness for unchristian conduct since my dfing. I am currently being very good, but now it doesnt count they say. You can be good but if you are not a witness, or worse a dfd person then you are dead. This does not encourage me to continue praying to a God who might be blocking my prayers. All those prayers I said in faith years ago might have been just a way to get through the moment emotionally. Our minds find ways to rationalize anything that happens after we pray for help. Perhaps this was His answer! Even though it was not what we wanted we work it out in our minds to accept a strange outcome as Gods answer and will for us and so find peace with it. So the odds are stacked in Gods favor: Anyway it happens, any outcome will be considered Gods answer!

• donkey
    donkey

If god listened to prayers then he would not know the future....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit