ITHINKISEE Update: No more field service?

by ithinkisee 28 Replies latest members private

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

ITIS : I feel the same way sometimes. It is far from over. I mean - she has accepted that there are serious problems with JWs but she is continuing to research.

This sounds like your position a year ago.

As far as the updates go, I enjoy reading them. Each post I can see another light going on in your wifes head, as she coninues her research. With someone as smart sounding as your wife, the research will be undeniable.

As long as you keep up the love and support for your family, I'm sure it will all pan out just fine. But, I know you know this.

Take care,

steve

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

ITIS,

Your ongoing story sure makes me smile.

hugs,

Annie

• Satanus
    Satanus
    I don't want her to end up saying something like, "They have problems, but I can live with them."

It has often been suggested to start to build an alternate social support system for new ones people exiting. I would suggest slowly doing something along that line for her. It could help to answer the standard wt question, 'where will we go?'

S

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am so pleased - the news just gets better and better - or the light gets brighter and brighter if you want to keep it scriptural

• Honesty
    Honesty
    She has accepted that I will not be leading the family spiritually as far as being a JW goes.
    -ithinkisee

That's great news!!

I found out that the JW way is not Jesus' way. Give your heart to Christ and He will lead yoiu.

• vitty
    vitty

I just wanted to say, that when I knew my husband wanted out, and we were moving miles away, I was really worried about our social life and my support system.

I made the mistake of saying I wouldnt move unless my husband came with me to the new hall, which he did, we went for 6 months then I wanted out too.

You need to be her support system and tell her, you need to organize lots of activities to do together, this is how you will meet new ppl. When she lets her guard down to "wordly" ppl and that was hard for me. You will have so much fun, she will quickly realize there is a life and future outside the org.

As soon as you start engaging in LIFE, school, work dos and suchlike, you wont look back and it happens real quick too.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

From memory you hadn't found a congregation or a place to live yet? Don't do so if you haven't, and tell the congregation that you're leaving that you'll send them details when you get settled. Absolutely don't give them a forwarding address, or give them the address of a friend.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Sass,

We have found a place to live, and I already have plans in place to get my publisher record cards sent to ME instead of to a congregation. We don't even have any idea where a Kingdom Hall is up there yet.

I hope to keep it that way.

-ithinkisee

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

xlnt... but give them your work address or a friends address!

Really glad that it's working out for you two! Hang in there...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit