Do any Bible passages/stories make you emotional or cry

by Cygnus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Absalom, a complete asshole, met an untimely death, and even though he caused untold trouble to his father, David still wept bitterly over his son, 'Absalom,oh my son Absalom!" That one still gets to me.

And at the end of one of Rush's more emotional songs, Distant Early Warning (1984), Geddy calls out "Absalom! Absalom!" It always brings tears to my eyes.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Good Samaritan ,
    Gethsemane,
    Cruxifiction,

66 ¶ From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
    67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
    68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Revelation 21:1-4.

How beautiful that lovely dream of paradise. We all yearn for such happiness. History has seen it broken again and again and again.

Maybe somewhere in infinity there is a world where beings exist such as ourselves and fulfill their potential for good.

Hoping doesn't hurt.

HB

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Mack Daddies 12:34

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

the first memorial i was old enough to understand, i cried when jesus died. i still get emotional reading and reciting it.

bethel minute

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

When I read about how Jesus died and how he was treated it breaks my heart every time....

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

The interaction between Esther and Ruth has always made me get teary-eyed.

CG

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous
    (Genesis 27:41-45) 41However, E´sau harbored animosity for Jacob on account of the blessing with which his father had blessed him, and E´sau kept saying in his heart: "The days of the period of mourning for my father are getting closer. After that I am going to kill Jacob my brother." 42 When the words of E´sau her older son were told to Re·bek´ah, she at once sent and called Jacob her younger son and said to him: "Look! E´sau your brother is comforting himself in regard to you—to kill you. 43 Now, then, my son, listen to my voice and get up, run away to La´ban my brother at Ha´ran. 44 And you must dwell with him for some days until the rage of your brother calms down, 45 until the anger of your brother turns away from you and he has forgotten what you have done to him.. . .
    (Genesis 32:3-8) 3Then Jacob sent messengers ahead of him to E´sau his brother to the land of Se´ir, the field of E´dom, 4 and he commanded them, saying: "This is what YOU will say to my lord, to E´sau, ‘This is what your servant Jacob has said: "With La´ban I have resided as an alien and I have stayed for a long time till now. 5 And I have come to have bulls and asses, sheep, and menservants and maidservants, and I would like to send to notify my lord, that I may find favor in your eyes."’" 6 In time the messengers returned to Jacob, saying: "We got to your brother E´sau, and he is also on his way to meet you, and four hundred men with him." 7 And Jacob became very much afraid and grew anxious. So he divided the people who were with him, and the flocks and the cattle and the camels into two camps, 8 and he said: "If E´sau should come to the one camp and assault it, then there is certain to be a camp remaining to make an escape."
    (Genesis 33:1-3) . . .In time Jacob raised his eyes and looked, and here E´sau was coming and with him four hundred men. Consequently he divided off the children to Le´ah and to Rachel and to the two maidservants, 2and he put the maidservants and their children foremost and Le´ah and her children after them and Rachel and Joseph to the rear of them. 3 And he himself passed on ahead of them and proceeded to bow down to the earth seven times until he got near to his brother.
    (Genesis 33:4) . . .And E´sau went running to meet him, and he began to embrace him and fall upon his neck and kiss him, and they burst into tears....
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Two stories have made tears well up:

The Gospel of John (especially the Passion and Resurrection narrative)

and

the story of Joseph and his reconciliation with his brothers in Genesis

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Sorry-I feel absolutely nothing about the bible or it's stories.

Now Dean Koontz on the other hand......

shelley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit