Do any Bible passages/stories make you emotional or cry

by Cygnus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Not sure the scripture, but when it talks about out of all creation that Jesus created it is Man whom he is the most fond.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Oh yes, I weep every time I read a Bible passage....oh hang on, I didn't mean Bible passage, I meant Watchtower article, and I didn't mean weep, I meant laugh...

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

Judges 3:17-25

That's where Ehud kills Eglon, Moab's king, while he was just easing nature in the cool interior room.”

17 And he proceeded to present the tribute to Eg´lon the king of Mo´ab. Now Eg´lon was a very fat man.

20 And E´hud came to him as he was sitting in his cool roof chamber that he had to himself. And E´hud went on to say: “A word of God I have for you.” At that he rose up from his throne. 21 Then E´hud thrust in his left hand and took the sword off his right thigh and plunged it into his belly. 22 And the handle kept going in also after the blade so that the fat closed in over the blade, for he did not draw the sword out of his belly, and the fecal matter began to come out. 23 And E´hud proceeded to go out through the air hole, but he closed the doors of the roof chamber behind him and locked them. 24 And he himself went out.

And his servants came and began looking, and there the doors of the roof chamber were locked. So they said: “He is just easing nature in the cool interior room.” 25 And they kept waiting until they were ashamed, and, look! there was no one opening the doors of the roof chamber. At this they took the key and opened them, and, look! their lord was fallen to the earth dead!

What a crappy way to go, eh?

• minimus
    minimus

I get emotional when I read the Song of Solomon.

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

S o S 8:8

"We have a little sister that does not have any breasts. What shall we do for our sister on the day that she will be spoken for?"

My brothers tormented me without relent on this........

• minimus
    minimus

YOU were the girl with no breasts??

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

well, I used to have no breasts, now I have too many of them.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I always find 1 Corinthians 13 moving:

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love,

I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient and kind;

Love does not envy or boast;

It is not arrogant or rude.

It does not insist on its own way;

It is not irritable or resentful;

It does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.

Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.

As for prophecies, they will pass away;

As for tongues, they will cease;

As for knowledge, it will pass away.

When I was a child I , I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now, we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully even as I have been fully known.

So now faith, hope and love abide, these three;

But the greatest of these is love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit