Texas KH advertizing free pastoral counseling!

by rebel8 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• richard
    richard

This is a press release from the WTS, October 2000:

"The Governing Body, which currently numbers 13 members, will continue to focus on Bible doctrine, evangelizing, and pastoral care. In 1999 more than 14 million attended the services of Jehovah's Witnesses".

From: http://www.jw-media.org/region/global/english/releases/events/001007.htm

• rebel8
    rebel8

Interesting. Thanks for posting that. I had searched that site for pastoral counseling and didn't find anything.

They do pastoral care for their members. They don't do it for non-members, IRL.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I remember once, about 10 years ago, when I had a bit of a breakdown. A few of the elders wanted to meet with me...I thought it was some sort of "pastoral counseling" thing.

They talked very kindly with me, etc...and asked me to step out for about 10 minutes, then brought me back in. And then told me they decided not to disfellowship me. I was like WTF???
    I had no idea it was a judicial committee..they never said it was. Up until this point I was in totally good standing. The question was that during my breakdown I smoked like 2 cigarettes or something.

Forget the fact I had to go to the hospital for a week.

The saddest part is that many of the elders really do think what they are doing is beneficial conseling, something that can replace what a therapist does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit