Texas KH advertizing free pastoral counseling!

by rebel8 32 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

...........and the qualifications of the 'counsellor'?

• horrible life
    horrible life

If my brother had not recently moved to Colorado, I would say he is involved in this. I will say it again "He is a pious pustule". HL

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I like that letter, rebel8. I wonder, though, if they'll direct you to the "Letters to the Editor" section.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I don't think there is a section like that. It's not a newspaper. It's a government website listing community services. I directed it to the email address listed on the same site. Will be interesting to see if I get a response.

• sunshine2
    sunshine2

well I just called that number to ask about their services....and the phone just rang and rang and nobody answered and no answeringmachine either.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Cool! Digitally record your conversation so we can all listen in, if you can. Ask them about the true goal of the sessions and what their qualifications are. I just might call too!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I just called and a Spanish-speaking man answered the phone. He said he didn't speak English, but I did get "Kingdom Hall" from him. Perhaps this is a local Spanish congregation?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

It's probably a Kingdom Hall (no answering machine -- that would require money and a desire to reach people). I'll bet they have a Spanish book study on Monday afternoons, and they probably share with at least one or two English congregations. Try calling on a Tuesday or Thursday evening.

Nina

• Stealth
    Stealth

What do you want to bet, that for any problem, the counseling will involve a free home bible study. It beats knocking on doors in 100 degree heat, just wait for those in need to call you. Why didn't I think of this when counting time?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i wonder about the wording " faith based" thats a phrase used by the bush administration to provide services to the poor by churches and the churches then qualify and recieve federal funds for that service .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit