Satan was trying to "get" her by offering her a job!!

by wordlywife 22 Replies latest jw friends

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

At this weekend's Toledo convention a young woman was interviewed. She had worked PT for a bank for years while finishing her acctg. degree and pioneering. She had prayed to Jehovah to allow her a position that would allow her to pioneer, and she was offered that position at the bank. She was so happy. Well, years later she finished her accounting degree and the bank loved her work so much they offered her a full time accounting position, complete with health benefits, time off, etc.

This same Bank that Jehovah had answeed her prayers with by giving her a position part time, was now the bad guy by wanting her to go full time! She said it was "Satan offering her the full time position!!!!" Unbelievable!!!!

How can people believe this????????????????????

Worldly wife.....

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Because they put morphine in the coolaid?

Seriously, they believe whichever bits fit in with their world view. I remember doing it myself.

My dad calls it 'suspending disbelief'.

• Purza
    Purza

A brainwashed JW will not even put two and two together and think that it is the same bank. I would have believed it back when I was active. It makes for a good convention part.

Purza

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

That's basically the same type of crap that was spewed during the convention in College Station. I could only stand one day of that crap. After the Friday session, I knew I'd had enough.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

JWs tend to decide beforehand what a desirable outcome to a situation must be. If they get their desired outcome it's "Jehovah's blessing". If not it's "Satan's opposition", which Jehovah permits because they're "being tested". It's guaranteed to keep their heads spinning.

If she thought about it rationally she would realize neither Jehovah or Satan give a damn about her job or if she wastes her time pioneering™ and knocking on doors where no one's home anyway.

W

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

And a young man being interviewed about worldlings atschool, " I don't give them my phone number, and they don't give me theirs!!"

So, where does that leave me? A worldly wife that a devoted JW got df'd for? It is hypocrisy to no end, I don't know how or why my hsband doesn't see that.

WW

• blondie
    blondie

But of course, if the bank had not offered her a job and she had to leave and take a lower paying job in a field she did not train in, that too would be Satan trying to "get" her by offering her a job outside her field.

Why was she getting advanced education anyway; couldn't she get a job with God's help without exposing herself to bad association and thinking?

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

It's so funny how the dub's just lap this kind of bullshit up. It would be funny to watch the reaction of a normie having to sit through an afternoon at a dub convention. I would think it would just freak the hell out of them.

GBL

• rebel8
    rebel8
    This same Bank that Jehovah had answeed her prayers with by giving her a position part time, was now the bad guy by wanting her to go full time! She said it was "Satan offering her the full time position!!!!"

When you think about it, she's right.

Who told her to get a part time job in the 1st place, which led her to the bank? WTS

Who told her to be an honest worker? WTS

Who told her to be a hard worker? WTS

And it was these qualities that led her to being offered a FT job. So if Satan was behind the job offer, it stands to reason that the WTS and Satan are the same entity.

• delilah
    delilah

Right on FinallyFree.....couldn't have said it any better myself ....what silly people...my mom has been guilty of saying the same stupid things....

Delilah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit