Satan was trying to "get" her by offering her a job!!

by wordlywife 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I was stupid like that when I was an active JW CO. I quit my job that I had been workin for 16 years to pioneer, but I couldn't sustain it very long and went back to work in the same job before a year was out. It saved my pension plan that I would have lost if I had stayed away for a year or more. I get a little over $800 a month now from the pension. Sure glad I went back to work. Of course Armageddon was comming before I would need a pension. I think all the GB members should be dumped at age 65 and live off SS like the rank and file. Maybe they would have a different opinion about saving for retirement.

Ken P.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ooh, oooh, Getbusyliving, that's me, that's me! Though I don't know how NORMAL I am. I can only take a day of a convention, and I schedule the time as a mental vacation. I take lots of reading material and writing material. The talk is is carefully crafted around tons of fluff, with the crap flinging at regular intervals. It is difficult not to be lulled in to a state of eternal boredom. I mark the convention talks with the one or two I will be interested in and do my own thing for the rest.

Yes, very similar testimonials at our convention. A business school student, top of her class, the ONLY ONE who did not carry on to secondary education. Her teacher was mighty angry at her, but the girl is gratified that she followed Jehovah's path.

Another gentleman, talented as a leader of men in the oil industry, was offered a significant raise to do field work that would take him away from home. He too, walked away and did not regret his decision.

This bit did get my blood boiling, I was grumbling, noooo, nooo under my breath. I wrote down the girl's name, too. Wondering if it might help if I sent her some literature and links on great women who got themselves educated and made their mark in our society. The man may have made a wise choice to stick closer to home. But a young girl, full of talent, throws it all away for magazine sales?

• Mary
    Mary

What absolute horseshit........ya, getting a Dub a full time job must be numero uno on Satan's List Of Things To Do Today. And what was this sister thinking of, getting a degree in Accounting?! Why would she waste her time doing something like that when we all know that there will be no money in the New System of Things, rendering Accountants obsolete.

I know a brother who gave up an excellent job where he made nearly $100,000/yr + fabulous benefits. Why? Because the Circuit Overseer told him if he wanted to remain an elder, he couldn't have a job that required travel or shiftwork. So this guy quit, believing that Jehovah would certainly bless him for his sacrifice. He took a crappy job that paid approximately half of what he was making before without the benefits. Guess what? His kids needed major stuff that his old benefits' package would have covered 100%-----his new job, that Jehovah guided him to----didn't pay one red cent of it. Not only was he making far less money, but now he suddenly owed $12,000 for his kids medical bills.

He also has to travel just as much with his new job, as what he did with his old one. I know this guy was secretly dismayed that apparently Jehovah had other things to do other than to bless his sacrifice of leaving a fantastic job for a crappy one. In one private conversation, I told him he should take the medical bills and send them to the CO seeing as it was his brilliant idea to make him choose between being an elder and having a great job. I know he regrets quitting his job but there's nothing he can do about it now...........tell me again how Jehovah blesses those who make sacrifices like this on the alter of the Governing Body????

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    This same Bank that Jehovah had answeed her prayers with by giving her a position part time, was now the bad guy by wanting her to go full time! She said it was "Satan offering her the full time position!!!!"

Anything that makes life easier is Satan, don't you know. Anything you may enjoy - Satan again. Spend your life struggling so as not to make the FDS jealous.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

I love working for satan. Full benefits with retirement!

• VM44
    VM44

It is really sad to read about a person who "thinks" that an offer of full time employment to someone who has worked well for a company part time for years is an "Offer from Satan"!

This is normal business operations.

Wouldn't it be funny if her boss finds out that she has said to a convention of thousands that his offer of employment came from Satan? How do you think that would make him feel?

I find it particularly bad that after a JW receives a gift from someone, say a relative, and instead of thanking the individual, who did not have to give the gift at all, they say "Jehovah has provided"!

That is so insulting to the gift giver!

--VM44

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

GBL

It would be funny to watch the reaction of a normie having to sit through an afternoon at a dub convention. I would think it would just freak the hell out of them.

I once went to a KH (this years Memorial) and it freaked me out - all those Stepford husbands made my skin crawl. And they seemed to think I was impressed! I could see straight through the veneer!

• Es
    Es

Its so sad how brain washed they are and we once were.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Exactly the kind of crap I would expect at a DC. The idiocy level rises 10 decibels at the conventions relative to the regular meetings....

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Yes they go on and on about how when you are a JW your life is so much more happier and easier and less complicated then WORDLY PEOPLE *shudder*. Yet in reality they expect you to attend thousands of meetings volunteer thousands of hours of door knocking and work for minimum wage doing really long hours just to get by in life.

Horse crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit