Satan was trying to "get" her by offering her a job!!

by wordlywife 22 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Who was the American comedian whose punch line was, "But the Devil made me do it." Flip Wilson?? JWs who love seeing satanic influences where human responsibility lies deserve to be looked after and "saved" from normal human responsibilities.

• Daunt
    Daunt

When my sister was on her usual rants on how satan uses people to do his bidding I was just so furious about her statements that I said (cautiousl y) "Oh ya like Satan directs everybody to do all of that". Well she looked at me with a dead painfully serious look and said, "All good things come from Jehovah and all bad things come from the Devil". My Jaw DROPPED at the stupidity. I was stunned, I couldn't believe a person could think so black and white like that it's amazing.

If I told her the story of my brother (Which she would know if she put two brain cells together) is that while he was having a somewhat bad time with his life and whatnot (it was 9/11 and his girlfriend left him and he didn't have all too many friends) and he got into an argument with my dad. Well my dad with his wise elder knowledge proceeded to claim that Satan was using my brother at this moment. This threw my brother into a serious emotional rollercoaster and he cursed for the first time saying, "F*** this Shit". I was sleeping on the bed while they were arguing trying to act like I'm asleep. Well if I could have put two and two together, I would know the fact that my brother was disfellowshipped shortly after because of his feeling disconnected with everything, and he went into quiet solitude for about a year and a half then started talking to us again. Of course everybody acted like nothing happen. Well if I had to take a stab at it I'd say that Satan was actually using my father, and it is just evidence of the destructive nature in thinking satan either did something or Jehovah did something. Life gives too much middle ground to claim as absolutely good or absolutely bad, but it seems that the JWs sure are good at trying.

• steve2
    steve2
    Well if I had to take a stab at it I'd say that Satan was actually using my father, and it is just evidence of the destructive nature in thinking satan either did something or Jehovah did something. Life gives too much middle ground to claim as absolutely good or absolutely bad, but it seems that the JWs sure are good at trying.

Very well said, Daunt!They instantly see satanic influence everywhere except under their very noses in the very things they say and do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit