I done a bad thing...

by Elsewhere 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

After reading the Sept 1 2005 article about the Mennonites in which the Watchtower Society condemns the Mennonite church for shunning former members, I could not resist the temptation to send a letter to my parents about it.

After my letter I included a copy of the article with key areas highlighted.

[Parents' Names],

Someone pointed out a very interesting article in the Sept. 1, 2005 Watchtower MENNONITES -- Search for Bible Truth. In this article the Mennonite church is condemned by the Watchtower Society for shunning members who studied the bible and came to conclusions that are different from what are taught by the church.

I find this very interesting. Does this mean you will no longer shun me for coming to conclusions about the bible that are different from what the Watchtower Society teaches? Or is this article filled with nothing more than double standards and hypocrisy?

Sincerely,

[Elsewhere]

• skyman
    skyman

Good for you. Let all of us know if they respond.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I don't know why they wouldn't talk to you. You have a mennonite hat on in your avatar!

W.Once

• jgnat
    jgnat

I hope something gets through, Elsewhere. Perhaps they are mourning their loss as deeply as you are.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

One time, right after the last time I spoke with my father, I called up the Church of Scientology and told them I was so interested in what they had to say. I asked to have them send me all their information and I would send them a check for $100. When they asked where to send their literature, I gave them my father's name and address.

That was a bad thing.

What you did Else, that's way cool. I'll be very interested to hear if they respond and if they do, what they have to say.

• Gill
    Gill

Elsewhere - Take it from your older 'sister' - It's sooooo GOOD to be bad!!!!!!

Kick their asses and rub their noses in it etc.

Sorry for my exuberance, but i've had faaaar too much to drink! (hicccc!)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Sorry for my exuberance, but i've had faaaar too much to drink! (hicccc!)

erm, to the gills?

Goodonya Else!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lol @ everyone!

Yeah Big_Tex... that WAS a bad thing!

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

elsewhere,

I can see the disinence reply already: " The menonite community shunned people in the village. However, YOU CHOSE to leave and be shunned. This is different, and now you're blaming Jehovah's organization for YOUR actions."

steve

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup... it is amazing how blind JWs are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit