Going to Church for the First Time Alone

by findingmyway 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Schizm
    Schizm
    To my knowledge, the Church of Christ, which is the church that I explained I attended in my initial post does not adjoin themselves with the Armed Forces....

The Church of Christ does for a fact supply the Armed Services of the United States with Chaplains! You obviously are not aware of this fact, and need to check it out for yourself.

• horrible life
    horrible life

Schizm: I know that alot of people here on the forum, probably including you, are very liberal. I am definitly not. I don't mind either way anyone, including you, how you believe. I love this country. I am a Girl Scout leader. I know that you are probably rolling your eyes right now, but I do have a point to make. I have taught my girls for the last 7 years, they are now 13 and 14 years old , to love our country, and to respect our leaders. I hope I have instilled in them to volunteer for the rest of their lives. They love our country, We study both sides of issues. They have all gotten badges from their churches. Every girl goes to a different church. 9 of them. When each earned their badge from their church, We have all gone. So my girls have been exposed to various religions. Church of Christ included.

We lead anytime we can, in doing our flag ceremony. We help by telling people to vote. We sing the Star Spangled Banner at functions.

OK,OK, I love all (worldly) religions in my small town. I love my country. If my government sees a reason to go to war, so be it. I may not agree, but I will support it. And if 1 church takes it upon theirselves to be the chaplains, God love them.

We might have gone to Iraq for the wrong reason, WMD, but the carnage that Saddam was committing on people had to stop. If we had gone in there, with stopping him from killing inocent people, people would better be able to tolerate the war. I am not a war monger. I just have a love for my country. I am not that smart about world affairs, or the Bible. I am a former JW elders daughter, that is trying to get rid of baggage. So to get into a big arguement with me is useless. All I can do is share my feelings.

Would Jesus approve? I don't know. Would he want us to stop Saddam. I think yes. Is he glad that we stopped Hitler? How do you answer? HL

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Schizm:
    You've mised a beat. Here you are arguing about armed forces without first ascertaining if it's a key factor in an individuals choice of denomination to attend...

• Schizm
    Schizm

Horrible life,

You said:

Schizm: .... I love this country. I am a Girl Scout leader. .... I have taught my girls for the last 7 years ... to love our country.... They love our country....

We lead anytime we can, in doing our flag ceremony. We help by telling people to vote. We sing the Star Spangled Banner at functions.

.... I love my country. ....

.... I am not a war monger. I just have a love for my country. I am not that smart about world affairs, or the Bible. ....

Looks like you do everything except learn what the Bible teaches.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit