Americans, would you buy a car this small to save on gas?

by Elsewhere 63 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

They are ridiculusly expensive aren't they? And very teeny-tiny up close.

There is one couple here that have a white one. I call them the Ken & Barbie couple 'cause they've got leathery tanned skin, garish jewelry and have top heavy bodies ( boobs for her and pecs for him) She comes complete with "Malibu Barbie" platnium hair extensions.

It's kinda turned me off the car.

Have you looked at the hybrids?

Dams

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Have you looked at the hybrids?

Yep... but I have a hard time paying more than $300 a month for a car (With a $5,000 down payment). I just don't think a car is worth much more than that... unless of course I win the lottery. Hell, I haven't had a car note in over 3 years!

I'm just a pathological "saver". They say that the average American saves about 2% of their income... I save almost 20%, more than half of it going into a 401K that I cannot touch without heavy taxes and penalties. (I plan on living it up when I retire ).

If I were to forgo all saving, I could own a very nice car and a very nice house... but I would be living from paycheck-to-paycheck and in debt up to my eye-balls. That's not the life for me. I like to sleep at night.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    There is one couple here that have a white one. I call them the Ken & Barbie couple 'cause they've got leathery tanned skin, garish jewelry and have top heavy bodies ( boobs for her and pecs for him) She comes complete with "Malibu Barbie" platnium hair extensions.

Ahhh yes... the "perfect" couple with not a care in the world.

• damselfly
    damselfly
    They say that the average American saves about 2% of their income... I save almost 20%, more than half of it going into a 401K that I cannot touch without heavy taxes and penalties. (I plan on living it up when I retire ).

Wanna be my sugar daddy?

Dams

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Wanna be my sugar daddy?

Sure babe... but all your money would be locked in a 401K.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Call me when you're 65 then

Dams

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Call me when you're 65 then

*** 32 years later ***

Lets see here... House has no knives and I always wear my bullet proof vest...

"No sweetie, I don't think you need to buy that chain saw either..."

• damselfly
    damselfly
    *** 32 years later ***

Lets see here... House has no knives and I always wear my bullet proof vest...

"No sweetie, I don't think you need to buy that chain saw either..."

ummmmmm........This is the first time I haven't a clue what you're saying.

OMG! are you implying that I'm crazy?

Dams

• damselfly
    damselfly

I got it. Having a brain spasm at the moment. Hopefully I'll tune back in soon.

Dams

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

hehe

I know you'd never do that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit