HELLO need advice for college

by tsunami_rid3r 71 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    i would also like to get laid.

LOL... Tsunami your a funny kid... At least you have your priorities right. Study first - playing later... I just hope when you do 'get laid' all the built up anticipation is worth it!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    well last week during "frosh week" or what we call "gig'em week",

Oh no. You're not an Aggie are ya?!?! I really did have hope for you son, but all that's out the window now. (j/k)

Andi

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

heres an idea. dont pay attention to girls at all. when walking past them, dont look at them, dont check them out at all. will it work? also my muscles feel very hurt right now, rest tomorrow.

• damselfly
    damselfly
    dont pay attention to girls at all. when walking past them, dont look at them, dont check them out at all. will it work? also my muscles feel very hurt right now, rest tomorrow.

You probably don't have a bath in the dorm do you? Have a nice hot shower. What will probably work better with the ladies is making eye contact and smiling. Study dates already? good man. Dams Get your books soon hun, you don't want to be behind! I don't start until tues but I'm charging my books tonight. *geekwarning*

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

i just got posters. yay! pink floyd, radiohead, and a symbolic no war poster. how should i hang these up? tape?

just curious, when all of you were witnesses, did you hang posters up in your rooms? mines empty back home.

also i managed to borrow one book from a friend, so all i can do for now is read that, go over notes, and work on this human rights paper that has to be 4 pages 700-800 words, i will do religion. i can do that right now, but a girly friend of mine just sent me a text to see if i'm doing anything tonight. i have one class tomorrow at 1:50pm. should i just have some fun tonight? with the possibility of getting laid tonight?

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

for example, sure i danced with a lot of pretty girls at the clubs, and for the first time, one asked me to dance with her. i'd like more, and i don't think i really want a relationship either.

• damselfly
    damselfly
    i'd like more, and i don't think i really want a relationship either

I don't think you're ready for a relationship.

Invite her out for coffee or a drink. Make sure to work into conversation that you think college is great because there is no pressure to be in a relationship, and doesn't she think it's better to remain casual? See how it goes from there.

Dams

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

i think my friend has been hanging out with just this one girl his whole time here in college. i was going to say something about that girl but it sounded like i was really attached to her which im NOT. oh yea, my friend, he hasnt done any homework. on the other hand i try to hang out with all the different girls i meet. yeah, really casual. i learned that i like country music. or atleast dancing to it. its a real good way in meeting girls.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

how can anyone stretch out a narrow topic over human rights to a 4 page 700 to 800 word paper? with no plagarizing.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    how can anyone stretch out a narrow topic over human rights to a 4 page 700 to 800 word paper? with no plagarizing.

Your topic is human rights and religion, right?

You've got at least 2000 years of material! Your problem is gonna be cutting, not padding!

You could easily write 4 pages summarizing the history of liberation theology alone! Then there's the history of feminism; you could feature Elizabeth Cady Stanton's "The Women's Bible," way back in the 19th century. Or go farther back, the 15th century, with Father Bernardo de las Casas agitating for the rights of Indians... Anyhow, start with a google search.

Include some questions you'd like to see answered.

And it's not "plagiarizing" if you cite every source.

Also, include some of your most thoughtful opinions; professors like to see "original thought" when you have some idea what you're talking about.

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit