Oooo, now I'm a Satan worshipper - Care to respond to Dad's latest attack?

by Ingenuous 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• delilah
    delilah

Ingenious, my thoughts are with you. You will get through this, and things will work out the way it's meant to be. I know how you feel, when you love your family with all your heart, and the only thing that comes between you is that religion. You are wise, i think, to not feed into the "game"...as hard as it is not to ...you have many friends here, that are pulling for you. Keep your head clear, and your chin up.

Delilah

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    I love the guy, but it seems all he hears when I talk is a series of clicks and whistles.

Sounds exactly like my elder father, and my M.S. father in law. Maybe all you can hope for is to plant some seed of reason in his mind. People will believe whatever they have to in order to be comfortable.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Ingenuous . . .he needs his ass kicked for hurting you like that. Want me to round up my posse?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

INGenious -

The arguments are specious of course. The spirit is fearful and anxious.

You can be glad at this point that he is willing to correspond at all, I suppose. Most witnesses will not even bother to mount a semi-intelligent effort toward those who contemplate leaving. In my mind this leaves the possiblility that he might not go to the elders and charge you with apostacy. Who knows?

My only comment is about his charge that you are leaving father and mother and family, ect. If so inclined you might respond with;

"Everyone, then, that confesses union with me before men, I will also confess union with him before my Father who is in the heavens; 33 but whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens. 34 Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth; I came to put, not peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a young wife against her mother-in-law. 36 Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household. 37 He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me. 38 And whoever does not accept his torture stake and follow after me is not worthy of me. 39 He that finds his soul will lose it, and he that loses his soul for my sake will find it. Matthew 10 NWT

While witnesses claim this applies to the losses some have when they join them, it really means those who find Jesus and leave anything of lesser value. Knowing the context might have actually prevented him from quoting it?

Good luck to you -

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit