YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!

by Gill 28 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    Well, I started laughing. It was too funny. I started wriggling my fingers menacingly at her. 'Why, are you afraid that the Debil and his deemunz are going to get you!'

LOL.... That line cracked me up.

I guess you know your mum and you know what approach to take with her. I wish I could be so outright with mine. Instead I must handle her with kid gloves...

• TonyT
    TonyT

Millions now living will Never Die!

• Gill
    Gill

Thanks all for your replies!

I've had a restless night, thinking about our 'discussion' and what disturbs me most is the sheer stupidity and lack of reasoning that she has learnt from the WTBTS.

The fact that her mind is closed because of fear engendered by the WTBTS, that's pretty profound to me. I know I used to be like that because I was brought up to be like it. To find you have no fear of death, just the fear of losing the ones you love is also very weird and has too many neurons buzzing in my head now. I also found, that I really don't care too much for being spoken to like that!

Not surprising you might say, but JWs REALLY believe that everyone else is dead meat.

What a nasty bunch of people they are, totally ruled by fear.

What can I say, but the discussion finally freed me completely and opened my eyes even furthu.

Avishai - I did actually mention about physical abuse taking place in the cong. and gave the example of a JW girl I know whos father still hits her and her mother with a stick. My mum said, 'I don't believe and Elder would do that.'

I mentioned how my dad had treated her all these years. Her answer, 'ah well, you know your father. He can't help himself.'

Stupid or what?

• talesin
    talesin

Gill,

Having had similar conversations with my mum, and recently, I am picking up on the fact that your mum had the same response as mine.

Anger.

Where does that anger come from? Here's my logic ...

The anger comes from fear. Why fear? Because we have attacked the very foundation of their belief system, and they know we are right. The only response is a defensive one, and since they have no real defense, they react with anger in order to derail the conversation from its focus, which is that the JWs are wrong and corrupt! This is not necessarily a conscious, but an automatic, fear-based response.

What do you think?

It explains a lot for me, and understanding makes the hurt less.

tal

• Gill
    Gill

One thing she said that still has me gagging in disbelief, when I suggested she take a look at he older Watchtowers to see whether the things I mentioned the society had said were true or not, was 'It's not true. Apostates put those lies in the old literature.'

When she said that, I felt she realised what a load of BS she was talking. I said that I could prove everything I had said from the old literature. NO! She would not look.

I told her again about the pyramid origins of the 1914 doctrine. Her answer was that she'd asked an elder about that and he said, that as far as he knew it was a lie from the apostates, and she believed him. When I said take a look at the proclaimers book and the section on abandoned beliefs, she said that was now old literature and 'we no longer believe that', 1995! Old literature!

Stupid head, or what!

Sheer stupidy from JW reasoning is so liberating!

• talesin
    talesin

Oh yes, Gill! And did you know that all the court cases, news stories and documentaries about molestation, the 2 witness rule and the cover-ups are made up by false apostates?

I had a good reply, though ... I just said "oh yeah? Well, you just call up KWIN's FATHER and ask HIM about cover-ups! Go ahead! Yes, this is someone YOU KNOW, so do it,,, call him NOW."

Brought it home and made it quite personal ,,, and that is when her anger kicked in.

TOTAL DENIAL,,, it's frickin' amazing!

t

• Gill
    Gill

(((((Talesin))))))

I agree with you entirely. Anger is the only response that they can give. The other response is to block their ears and refuse to allow commonsense to reach their minds. It's a scary thing to see, especially when you realise there was a stage when you were like that also.

I actually think you're spot on that understanding it makes it hurt less. I take a different view on the relatives who have been shunning us now. I know they're terrified of dying soon at Armageddon. They're driven by sheer, destructive fear and I feel very sorry for them now.

They're all missing out of the company of my great kids and my husband and self. They see us, mentally as dead. They fear being 'dead' like us. They can't see we are finally very, very alive.

Love to you, Talesin

Gill

• talesin
    talesin
    They're all missing out of the company of my great kids and my husband and self. They see us, mentally as dead. They fear being 'dead' like us. They can't see we are finally very, very alive.

Yes, that is the truth. It's just like the rest of life, often bittersweet. (((hug)))

t

• Gill
    Gill

I think that they just cannot accept the possibility that child abuse goes on in the Organization, never mind the thought that it is covered up.

Children in the Org are then hit by a triple whammy.

1. I need 2 or 3 witnesses to my attack

2. Won't I be shaming Jehovah's Organization by revealing what happened to me.

3. The usual reaction, of shame, embarrasment and fear of the abuser. Will any one believe me?

However, these facts mean that the corrupt nature of the Org has GOT TO BE revealled and pretty sharpish as well, since as we speak many more JW children are caught in an even bigger trap than children in general.

I have three nieces and nephews trapped in JW cuckoo land, all under 12. You think I don't worry about them?

Too right I do. Their parents believe all JWs are wonderful and safe. Who's going to look out for these kids?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I told her she had no right to judge me or my children

That's one I've used often. According to their own dogma, only Jesus or Jehovah has the right to say someone is going to die, someone is spiritually weak, someone is bad association, someone is an apostate. Yet rank and file do it all the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit