YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!

by Gill 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Well, today I began to think there really was no point in trying to argue a point in a reasonable reasoning way with a JW, after all, there's non so blind as those who will not see.

I saw my, mother, again and we had a humungous scrap on the WTBTS.

She wanted to know if I expected her to return to the RCatholic church as that's the religion she originated in. She told me how she had been badly beaten by the Nuns and that on one occasion when she had missed class and gone to the cinema instead she had received such a severe clobbering that she could barely sit down for a week. I agreed that that was wicked and unforgiveable. She certainly thought it unforgiveable.

However, I asked if, why it was forgiveable for the WTBTS to cover over the offences of pedophiles in their organization. I was told that the brothers are only human and make mistakes so we must forgive them.

So, I asked, surely if something as bad as covering over for pedophiles could be forgiven because of human imperfection, why couldn't she forgive the nuns and the catholic church who allowed this behaviour.

NO!!! That was completely different.

Well! Would someone like to explain to me how that is different and why sins of catholics can't be forgiven.

We moved on to the paying of literature and how it isn't really free. She insisted it is. I explained that a congregation has to pay for its literature or else all deliveries will be stopped.

She said that was a blatant lie and her explanation of why totally left me speechless. Early dementia, by any chance?

She mentioned that two congregations in the area had been so poor that they could not afford their literature bill from the bOrg. Their congregation and another had been asked to contribute to the poor congregations and pay their bills for them. The WTBTS therefore received its money...did it not? She could not see that. She just said, ' yes well what's £2 a week more contributions from each of us to pay for their bill. They got their mags and books free.

Was I flogging a brain dead donkey here?

She got more and more angry that I was rebelling against Jehovah and so I tried to explain to her that i was trying to get a broader picture of bible history and I had printed out a list of all the other books that had not been included in the bible canon at the council of Jamina in AD 90.

Any one would have thought that i had a rabid rattlesnake in my hand at her reaction to the list.

Do not leave that apostate filth in my house she screamed. If you leave it here I will rip it up into tiny pieces straight away.

Well, I started laughing. It was too funny. I started wriggling my fingers menacingly at her. 'Why, are you afraid that the Debil and his deemunz are going to get you!'

'It's all apostate lies and filth!' She shouted. 'Satan uses the Internet to draw weak people like yourself away from the truth. The society have warned us about the apostates and the internet.'

'But, if it was all lie,' I asked, 'Surely we'd find out in a little while with furthur searching and after checking whether the society really said what the internet says it did.'

'No! These lies are planted so that weak people like you can feel that they don't have to serve Jehovah, and go to the meetings and spread the news of the Kingdom!'

I have to admit she nearly received a knuckle sandwich at this point, but I was cool...well, coolish!

She suddenly, leapt up folded her arms ran into the living room sitting down and ignoring me.

'Can you get your back side back into the kitchen, because I haven't finished with you yet,' I said. 'This is one of the first times I've really challenged you on the WTBTS and now I realise why I never said anything to you as a child because look how you react.'

She got up and walked back into the kitchen.

Then she began. 'Because of you , you're all going to die very soon at Armageddon. The bible says only those who call on the name of Jehovah are going to survive and you are condemning yourself and your children to death. You will never see the New System. You're all going to die!'

There we had it. We had finally after all these years come full circle.. She finally said the words she claimed she never had said. The reason I explained to her, that I had remained a JW for so long was FEAR. The fear had been instilled in me as a child that if I didn't go to meetings and do what the Society said I would DIE. If I left the truth I would be DEAD to my family way before Armageddon came. It was all FEAR, and I think she finally realised it herself.

I told her she had no right to judge me or my children and sure enough if Armageddon ever did come I would rather die that very moment than live in the world full of Jehovah's Witnesses who judge everyone and every thing ..except themselves and i wouldn't wish such a terrible existence on my children. We would die free people.

We changed the subject.

We parted friends.

She, I believe now KNOWs I will NEVER ever be a JW again.

I hope I've planted a tiny seed of doubt in her mind.

I hope I haven't inherited her dumb ass genes!

• Preston
    Preston

WHOA Cowboy!!!!!

This comment alone made me reeling...

Do not leave that apostate filth in my house she screamed. If you leave it here I will rip it up into tiny pieces straight away.

I think I woulda laughed too. But i was kinda like that too. When I was a JW apostates to me were nameless, faceless enemeies from a Don Siegel film who prayed upon people and smoked... It goes to show how successful the WT has been in framing "apostates" as evil reckless people. Wow, you're dangerous gill! lol

- Preston

• avishai
    avishai
    She wanted to know if I expected her to return to the RCatholic church as that's the religion she originated in. She told me how she had been badly beaten by the Nuns and that on one occasion when she had missed class and gone to the cinema instead she had received such a severe clobbering that she could barely sit down for a week. I agreed that that was wicked and unforgiveable. She certainly thought it unforgiveable.

However, I asked if, why it was forgiveable for the WTBTS to cover over the offences of pedophiles in their organization. I was told that the brothers are only human and make mistakes so we must forgive them.

What about bro's that cover up for or encourage PHYSICAL abuse, like she endured? Is that different? Strangely, people often can't even see sexual abuse as "real". You might wanna run that past her.

• anglise
    anglise

Hi Gill

sounds like you had a fun time there. (I dont think)

I wonder if what your mum was saying about you and your children dieing really shows how she feels about the org and why she stays. No love just fear and ignorance.

As to her comments about the nuns etc being worse, does she actually know what paedophilia is?

I am glad you have parted friends though.

Anglise

• dontnowat2believe
    dontnowat2believe

Hi Gill,

thats quite some discussion, did you ask your mum if all the literature was free, then how come there was a bill ?

Pete

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Wow Gill, that was some discussion, sounds like you didn't hold anything back! I am glad you parted friends though, and maybe you did plant a seed of doubt in her mind, lets hope so

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Gill, I'm sorry you had to endure that. What a wicked religion to make people say such things to their own flesh and blood.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Be harsh with her. I'm harsh with my friends and family. I would say things like the fact that she's tearing up opposing veiws and giving the JW's leeway and not the nuns proves that she's in a cult, and the more she denies it, the more she's lying to herself and to God. Also tell her that if she just glosses it over, she's doing nothing still except showing herself to be in a cult and yelling at you isn't going to change anything.

She won't change, she'll think you're an asshole, but you'll provide a seed of doubt in her mind.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    YOU'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Gill said,

NO!!! That was completely different.

Well! Would someone like to explain to me how that is different and why sins of catholics can't be forgiven.

It's obvious - your mother's anger toward Catholics is based on the beating she received from the Nuns. That beating had a direct affect on HER - the physical and emotional (psychological) damage done by a pedophile to his victim do not affect her.

You probably already know this, but your Mom is lacking in the empathy and compassion departments.

That's not a reflection on you, by the way. In the future, when I address you with "Yo Momma!" you'll know from whence I come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit