No Jehovah Witnesses !!!

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Around here, in my neighbourhood, there are many apartment buildings, and I remeber as a JW, how many people didn't want to be bothered by us JW's.

So, I took my camera this morning and went around in a few apartment buildings and took pictueres of all kinds of signs on doors, telling witnesses not to knock at their door, and go away !!!

On this first picture, it's quite polite. It says in french, No Solicitor. I don't know if thats the proper translation, but it means anyone selling stuff or any kinds of pests, go away !!! It also says, we are Catholics and please respect our faith. So we all know who this message is for...

Next door. Same thing but bigger. How can a JW not see it. Years ago, a JW would still knock on a door written "pas de colporteur", but today, the JW's around here anyways, don't knock on these doors.

And finally a last picture I took. This one is very direct !!!

It says Jehovah Witnesses, please abstain yourselves..

I see signs like these in just about every apartment building around here. This one is hand made, but I saw some in the past that looked as if they were sold in stores.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Jehovah Witnesses, please abstain yourselves..

LOL, then it says "welcome" underneath! ie, everyone else BUT JWs is welcome here.

Is this a common thing where you are? I've seen very few signs here.

• JH
    JH

It is VERY commun here.

I'd say 1 house out of 10 has a NO JW sign on the door clearly visible.

In an apartment building with 6 flats, I'd say that atleas 1 door has a NO JW sign on it.

And then, there are the other doors with nothing written on it, that still don't want to see the JW's, but don't want a stupid ugly sign on their doors.

JW's are not too welcome in this neighbourhood.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm thinking about printing this and posting on my front door when I see jws in the neighborhood.

(courtesy of Danny)

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

What a great translation 'please abstain yourselves'!

How about "God Squad - withhold yourselves"

or "bible bashers bugger off"

• Legolas
    Legolas

It says Jehovah Witnesses, please abstain yourselves..

It should say, please F**K yourselves!!!

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

That reminds of a gay couple I know in Seattle that have a "No soliciting" sign on their front porch. Dave answered the door and there was a dub standing there. She starts her spiel (sp?) and he points to the sign and says, "You see this sign?" The dub says, "I'm not selling anything," and he responds, "you're" selling hate." She left.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Good one Chris!!!!

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Hi Legolas, Thanks! How ya' doing?

• Legolas
    Legolas
    How ya' doing?

To be honest .......I am madder then hell lately. I am trying to help my daughter and son move in to a townhouse for about the last 4 weeks .....and HE is driving me F**KING crazy!!!! I just can't wait till they are in.( At the latest they should be in Sept.1)

Other then that and bills past my head high,.... good!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit