No Jehovah Witnesses !!!

by JH 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Legolas, sorry things aren't going too well right now. Hope everything works out soon. I'm teaching three English classes at the University. They're going pretty well with the classes, but three weeks ago today I re-submitted my thesis and haven't heard word one from the committee. It's making me very nervous.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    and he responds, "you're" selling hate." She left.

LOVE IT!

w00 11/1 p. 13 You Can Remain Morally Clean ***

Really, though, for Christians the most powerful reasons for avoiding sexual immorality are derived from our relationship with God. We have learned that he knows what is best for us. Our love for him will help us to hate what is bad. (Psalm 97:10) God is the Giver of "every good gift and every perfect present." (James 1:17) He loves us. By our obedience to him, we show that we love him and appreciate all that he has done for us. (1 John 5:3) Never do we want to cause Jehovah disappointment and pain by breaking his righteous commands. (Psalm 78:41) We do not desire to act in a manner that will cause his holy and righteous way of worship to be spoken of abusively. (Titus 2:5; 2 Peter 2:2) By remaining morally chaste, we make the Supreme One rejoice.—Proverbs 27:11.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

In my area one person put up a crude written sign that indicated they didn't want to be disturbed by religious people going door to door. Well....the dubs in my cong. just ignored it!

Many years ago I asked the question to the lady I studied with as to what we should do when people didn't want us to come around. She said: we must speak to them whether they hear or refrain because they are case of rebellion. She told me a story about how a man once told her in her younger years that he would run her down if he saw her on the street. So I guess she expected me to risk my life in the same way.

Some years later around the time they came out with the info about how we should heed No Trespassing signs and how we are on our own if we do, I was going door to door on a dead end street with a stupid sister who didn't see a No Trespassing sign on somebody's property. (The property looked like some redneck lived there and they are the worst with regard to their property rights!! Very nasty.) So I grabbed her arm and said "No, don't you see the sign?" She said: "don't get excited". I told her we have to respect people's wishes and if something happened to her that would be her problem.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

A lot of houses around here have signs that start "We do not need", followed by a list of potential callers. The winesses are near the top of most lists

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

To the tune of "We're Jehovah's Witnesses":

No Jehovah's Witnesses!

We're damn sick of pretenses.

Ours is the door of true privacy,

What you fortell shall ne're be!

I don't know if I like the third line..., perhaps someone can think of something better.

Here's another sign: "Pas de Temoins de Jehovah. Veuillez vous baisez." Now, I'm using "vous" as a reflexive pronoun.

• Es
    Es

Heheh there cool ive never seen them here im sure they are around tho es

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Oh yeah.... When I was a good dubbie girl and saw those signs on the doors, No Trespassing, No peddlars of Religon, No Jehovahs Witnesses yada yada yada I knocked on the doors regardless...

YEAH RIGHT!!!!

It's bad enough I am out trying to get some hours I don't need to cop abuse for it....!

• JH
    JH

I wonder if I put one on my door, if an elder would df me?

• rebel8
    rebel8

What does colporteur mean in French? I think that's what pioneers were called here in the US in the old days.

What a great translation 'please abstain yourselves'!

Or how about "please abstain from blood and from knocking on this door"? "Abstain yourselves" just sounds so wierd in English.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    What does colporteur mean in French?

Babelfish translates it as "hawker". Quite appropriate!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit