Does your family still think you are coming back?

by kid-A 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I once heard my mother say that I left the bOrg because of my husband. Not true, I left about 7 years before I even met my husband. My mother once told me that my marriage was immoral. wtf?! I was never baptised as a jw so I never got my brain around that comment.

Josie

• just fine
    just fine

No. We have agreed to disagree and won't discuss the topic. I have agreed not to attack their beliefs (in their presence) and they have agreed to not attack my beliefs. It works well for us. I have been out over 8 years and my relationship with my family is still intact.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The last time I was asked I said they'd be more likely to see me kissing a pigs ass on national television than sitting in a kingdom hall.

They don't ask anymore.

W

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

Oh I am sure they pray real hard and have wet dreams about it, but NO , I ain't going back!!

• Sassy
    Sassy

I'm sure my mom hopes every day I will come back.. she'll never give up that hope any more than she has my brother and sister....

• pratt1
    pratt1

My Mom definitely hpoes I will "get my life straight with Jehovah."

I, on the other hand refuse to give her any false hope.

I constantly remind her that the elders make decisions that ruin peoples lives and I will never submit to that again.

Then she changes the subject.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I have no idea. I would imagine the answer to be yes, however it hasn't come up in conversation for about 5 years now. I like it that way.

Dams

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i made it pretty clear to them what it would take for me to believe again. i think that conversation killed any hope they had.

• delilah
    delilah

yes, my family hopes that I'll set the EXAMPLE for my husband and children, and come back to the "TRUTH".....gag, cough, choke on that phrase...they've just been re-fired up from the summer assembly, my dad was reinstated a few months back, so I knew it was a matter of time before they started their preaching campaign once more.....

OH, WOE IS ME......I'll never go back again.....

Delilah

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

Sadly yes.

This only confirms the fact that it is a cult and they are brainwashed.

I left it 10 years ago formally by being DFed, have been living on my own ever since (well with roommates and boyfriends etc...and now with a most wonderful boyfriend for the last 3 years but you get the point, supporting myself with no help from them whatsoever), have a pretty good life, a job I love and am devoted to, friends I can count on who are fabulous and so many life experiences I wouldn't trade in for anything. No regrets.

Yet, somehow, in my mother's eyes I *must* want to eventually go back to that which I got myself DFed from. I guess I don't fit the mold of the hopeless, lost, depressed worldling who is so unsuccessful and needing of them huh?

It drives me crazy.

It's like logic just completely goes over their heads and their myopic way of thinking that everyone who is not a part of their ridiculous cult is starving to be in it as well makes me so furious sometimes as well.

But I take a deep breath and look around at what I have which is richer and deeper than any of that BS and that is that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit