Does your family still think you are coming back?

by kid-A 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

Oh, oh, oh!

Sorry, this topic hits such a nerve with me :(

On top of all the above, my mother also plays the whole 'I would love it one day if you come back because then we could all be a family again'....

WTF???

My brothers (flesh and blood) haven't spoken to me since I was 17 when I got DFed because it would 'hurt their conscience'. They don't know me at all! Where were they when I was holding 4 jobs, working 6 days a week and putting myself through college???? Where were they when I had medical issues that were terrible that I had to get through???? They don't even know what I look like, what my interests are....nothing.

Sorry but those people just because they are flesh and blood are not my 'family'. Who the hell would want a family like that?? Where love is CONDITIONAL?

I have actually said this to her over and over again and she has nothing to say to that...usually changes the subject and then brings it up again like a broken record.

Again, logic doesn't seem to apply there for those people.

• findingmyway
    findingmyway

I have been df'd for about 4 years and my family still clings to the hope that I will return to the "flock". It's been months since I've attended a meeting, but months will eventually turn into a decade + and I'm sure they will always hold out a hope that I will return. I mentioned in another thread that my mom was discouraged at one point and even wanted to adopt my son so that he won't get destroyed with me in Armageddon. Of course, I told her no, so now she tries to drag him to meetings with her. They even signed him up to be on the Theocratic Ministry School without my permission. He hasn't been to a meeting in a while either. As I slowly phase out his meeting attendance and allow him to engage in birthday celebrations (especially his own this Sept. 26th), he'll lose interest quickly.

We rode past a KH today and the parking lot was filled. He said, "Look mom they are having a meeting." I asked him if he wanted me to drop him off and come back and get him and he quickly responded "NO."

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I suspect my kids think I'm coming back. No doubt they pray all the time about it. They shun me completely, I don't even know for sure where my son is. My daughter got married a couple of years ago and I did not receive an invitation. Yup, it's emotional blackmail.

And I'll be back when ...

When pigs fly!

Love and light,

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit