Which person in history would you like to be?

by DannyBloem 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

If I could go back in history I'd simply LOVE to be me the day I walked out of Seagoville Federal Correctional Institution on parole for failure to comply with the U.S. Military Service Act. (I went in 1967 and came out in 1969).

Instead of becoming a Pioneer and wasting my life; I'd become a mole and document the goings on in the Kingdom Hall and write a book about it with names, places, dates and conversations.

I'm better informed now as an individual. I'd gleefully fend off the thrusts of mind-control with adroit panache and indomitable coolness. I'd challenge the belief system by posing tests of it in the justification of strengthening the brothers grasp of what they said they believed. I'd never blink an eye to tip my hand that I was rooting out the rotteness.

Obviously this is a fantasy! But, it would be thrilling for about six months.

T.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Issac Newton is my mentor.Yes,the cult never took away my wonderlust.

He sez;"if i have seen further then other men,it is because i have stood on the shoulders of giants"

What a guy!

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Any of the mountain men in the early 1800's.

Or a 5th century Druid.

• Terry
    Terry

Issac Newton:

Did you know he devoted the last half of his life to quantifying the Bible with the same methodology as he applied to Physics?

I've seen his writings.

Pity he wasted his time. What a waste of brain power on a subject of such feckless worth.

T.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I wanna be that Queen who when people p*ssed her off she just ordered OFF WITH THEIR HEADS and kerplonk off went their heads.

I could order that about some of my more confoundingly annoying clients. Like the lady who just rang up and I advised her to disassemble and reassemble what she had just done. She asked what disassemble and reassemble means.

OFF WITH HER HEAD!!!!!!

• chrissy
    chrissy
    john muir

good choice!

you mean none of you men would like to have been Gloria Steinem? just think, you could have been a real moving force as an advocate in the women's liberation movement.

Rachel Carson also, was a pretty amazing woman. **or Marie Curie... so passionate for her cause, it consumed her**

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Rob Roy

William H. Bonney

John Dillinger

Al Capone

Caligula

Jeremiah Johnson

Crazy Horse

Vercingetorix

Leif Ericson

William Wallace

Brian Boru

Either Lewis or Clark

Hannibal

Alexander the Great

Ghengis Khan

Atilla the Hun

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

valis,

i had not seen your choice, but consider it a close second for myself. those original paleolithic americans must have witnessed things, and animals and sights that our imaginations can only start to wonder at.

love it.

TS

• nowisee
    nowisee

present - oprah winfrey -- she really does have it all.

past - mary, mother of jesus, because she really knew what the story was.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

MARTIN LUTHER - He gets credit for starting the Reformation and kicking Roman Catholic Church Butt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit