Are You A Guilty Type of Person?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was talking to an inactive JW and she said she was loaded with guilt and dread, thinking she might be destroyed at Armageddon. I have no such feelings. How about you?

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I used to,there gone now!!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

a long time ago I had guilt feelings like that, but no more. I have other guilt feelings that have replace that. And no I dont feel guilty about my past sex life, that's water under the bridge so to speak.

• upside/down
    upside/down

That is probably my favorite new learned behaviour....NO F*cking GUILT!!!

I am a good person...despite what the Dubs tried to shove down my throat.

I only feel guilt if I TRULY do something wrong (ie. hurt someone etc) and I take action to fix it ASAP.

But I feel no "unearned" guilt.

Praise the Gourd!

u/d(of the NEVER AGAIN class)

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Not one ounce. Not even a smidgit.

Kwin

• undercover
    undercover

Interesting question. I made this comment to someone just the other day:

I've lived a life of guilt. I got over it, finally. I no longer feel guilt. While I may regret some things, I will never allow guilt to control me again.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Not since I left the jw's alone!

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I used to have a lot of guilt. Now I just have a little. You just have to learn to let go.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I used to feel guilty ALL the time, no matter how much I did. I pioneered, and felt guilty for not having enough bible studies or return visits. I went to all the meetings, and felt guilty for not preparing enough beforehand. I went to assemblies, and felt guilty for not going to the 'Cleaning Day' before the assembly. I felt guilty for not praying enough, for not studying enough, for not reading the bible enough....... GOOD GRIEF!!!

I don't feel guilty (much) anymore. I do my best to be a good person, and I trust that God loves me for who I am. It's a great feeling!

GGG

• minimus
    minimus

I'm bad. I feel almost no guilt for anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit