Are You A Guilty Type of Person?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I have guilt about almost everything else, but I dont have guilt about leaving the dubs because I dont believe the big A is coming any more.

And if it is, it will probably be like the tsunami - I'll be fucked before I know whats going on. Sweet!

• Cellist
    Cellist

I refused to feel guilty even when I was a JW. I try to do my best in life and that's that.

Cellist

• minimus
    minimus

At least we don't have to worry about hellfire!

• delilah
    delilah

GGG, I felt the exact same way for FAR too many years.....even when I left, I still felt guilty....Now, I have NO guilt. You know, my parents STILL make the same guilt-ridden excuses, for why they missed a certain meeting, or they feel guilty if they aren't feeling well and missed a meeting.................It never changes. Thank God( or someone, )that I no longer have those guilt-trip blues.....

Delilah

• minimus
    minimus

The Watchtower enslaves people by always making them feel they didn't do enough. "Do more" is their favorite saying. "Do the best you can" is not something you'll hear from headquarters.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I felt quite a bit of guilt about certain things I did when I first left, like smoking and having sex, but not any more. The only guilt I feel now is that there are still a couple of people in the borg who I personally encouraged to join.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I feel bad that my family was hurt by me not being a JW any more. I do not feel guilt over it however.

Dams

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I feel almost no guilt for anything

Now that's dangerous!

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Not even a bit...in fact, I've been doing lots of rituals because I currently believe closer to the Shaman way...not all of it I believe but most. Part I feel helped is because I started doubting the JW religion 6 years before I actually got up the nerve to quit all together.

• Stress Free
    Stress Free

As a j dub yes. Now no.

(I can fully relate to your post damselfly.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit