Who Was The Most Corrupt WTBTS President?

by Ticker 33 Replies latest jw friends

• justhuman
    justhuman

I believe that Russell and Rutherford were the same....The first was influenced by spiritism, a paidophile proven by court. The second was alchoholic, and greedy, and ifluenced with spiritism.

The rest they just contuniue the lies they inherit from the 2 first presidents in order to secure their possition and the Party

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Fred Franz!

While Rutherford made the power grab - He was the 'wizard'. He saw business opportunity and put himself in that limelight. The man behind the curtains was Franz. His powerful writing behind the scenes is what created the organization we know today. Virtually all prophetic views came out of Franz' head. He took the ball that Rutherford handed him and ran like the wind. It was probably Franz' views of blood, organization, militant legalism, that built the organization.

It was certainly his venomous attitudes that created the last 50 years of oppressive conditions. Knorr made no moves without his 'oracle' directing. Once Knorr was out of the way, Franz set the table for what the organization is today. He took it to the next level, and made it a 'mainstream' religion - at least in his own eyes. It was certainly his influence after Raymond left in the early 80's that created the current hatred and animosity and gestapo-like attitudes today.

While Rutherford set the trap - it was IMHO Franz who baited it, and watched with glee as millions fell into that pit.

Jeff

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I believe that Russell was dellusional, was arrogant, liar, and to tell you the truth I ddin't know he was a pedophile. (would someone direct me to any articles regarding that matter). His ridculous interpretation" regarding the Divine Plan of the Ages and the Great Pryamid, talk about chutzap this guy takes the cake.

Awe the '"JUDGE" arrogant, self righteous, greedy money grubbing s.o.b. and a "cretin" and self centered. Case an point Beth sheirm and the man even had the best of the best in luxury.

Knorr was indeed very different. More "self-absorbed" in my opinion. Like already mentioned, he was responsible for the death of countless innocents and was far to business oriented then his predessors. Of course as he aged you could see his mentality slipping and may have been the result of the brain tumor that eventually lead to his death.

Lawrence summed it up well. They were all corrupt.

Fred Franz is in a category all his own. If you didn't agree with him tough, what he said was. I think other memebers of the GB were intimaded by him. His personality was stern and he was old school. And to me he was a cold man. He felt very little of others, he was to self aborbed too. He spoke many languages and could quote biblical texts verbatim. Yep he was full of himself.

Orangefatcat.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    a paidophile proven by court

I'm pretty sure this in inaccurate. Not sure of the age of the girl, houseservant, but child-molestation was not even an issue, certainly no proof of anything. That's not what the court case was about anyway.

Back to the question. Perhaps Russell should take most of the blame because he STARTED it all, but to answer the specific question, about CORRUPTION, I don't think Russell was corrupt.

For being corrupt RUTHERFORD (the real founder of Jehovah's Witnesses) wins by a mile in my view, followed by Knorr and then Franz, for very different reasons.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    It was certainly his venomous attitudes that created the last 50 years of oppressive conditions. Knorr made no moves without his 'oracle' directing. Once Knorr was out of the way, Franz set the table for what the organization is today. He took it to the next level, and made it a 'mainstream' religion - at least in his own eyes. It was certainly his influence after Raymond left in the early 80's that created the current hatred and animosity and gestapo-like attitudes today.

While Rutherford set the trap - it was IMHO Franz who baited it, and watched with glee as millions fell into that pit.

Based on what research I have done, I would have to agree with AKA Jeff. The most animosity against the WTS seems to have occured under Franz' watch (pardon the pun) and the most bizarre rules and changes in policies appeared to have begun then too. Up until then the JWs weren't known for much of anything but being an oddball group that most folks didn't pay much attention to.

Annie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

BTW Annie - Did you ever find that quote you were looking for a couple days back?

Jeff

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

from my recollections, Russell was just another cultish leader type who really did not drive things with an iron fist, but more with a charismatic CONviction.... under him, the congregations were free to vote for whomever among them had a good report and they were allowed to believe differently than home office....er,...

and then Rutherford essentially stole the show, kicked out the hand picked successors and built his legacy empire.... so Rutherford deserves the most corrupt title, hands down.

Russell would likely have been just a vague name if remembered at all were it not for the Judge.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

just a thought , only Russell has a following to day. The Russellites, millieum dawners, Herald of Christ's presense.

the others have no claim to fame after there deaths.

idolatory isn't allowed.

orangefatcat...

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Rutherford of course.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    BTW Annie - Did you ever find that quote you were looking for a couple days back?

Yes I sure did!

If I'm not mistaken, you were the one who figured it out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit