Whey protein shake

by tsunami_rid3r 21 Replies latest jw friends

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

that is some nasty crap. i mixed the power with cold water. it tasted like puke. and yay i'm on campus finally, and the dorm is empty. the roommate here isnt yet.

• damselfly
    damselfly

They do taste awful don't they? Try mixing it with skim milk, or juice without added sugar. I also found that I had to chug mine without breathing in or I would gag.

Dams

• rebel8
    rebel8

Congrats on arriving on campus. You must be so excited!

Eventually you'll find much better things to drink.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Why not have a piece of chicken or a can of tuna instead? Or some non-fat cottage cheese?

Whey protein is no miracle muscle-building food. It's just food.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

It does taste like $hit doesn't it. Just don't mix it with milk, and then do cardio. You'll ralph all over yourself.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Use skim milk. Have you been training at all yet?

GBL

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I used to take Nitro-Tech.

It comes in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla, and it doesn't taste bad at all. The only bad thing is that it doesn't mix well with liquid and tend to clump, but at least it tastes good enough to get it down.

• doogie
    doogie

dude, what kind did you get? i'm telling ya, Designer Protein tastes fine (i'd say "great", but who am i kidding?) and it's really cheap.

if you've got the bucks, spring for Isopure. now THAT is some tasty stuff (and it mixes up completely clear even just in water). if you go for Isopure, just make sure to only use about 3/4's of a scoop. (the label says use 2 full scoops per serving but that is around 50g of protein. you don't need that much unless you're a freaking elephant.)

good luck man.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

If it is vanilla, you can put it in a blender with some fruit juice and a banana, and it can be quite palatable.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

RE: Protein shakes...

It has been a while since I have used the 'whey' protein powders...

I prefer the 'Milk & Egg' protein powders. The one that I use is from Vitamin World - and has 16g of protein per scoop (21g). It is low in sugar, and sodium.

It has all sorts of other vitamins and minerals, too.

I make my protein shake every morning (except Saturday & Sunday) and drink it.

The ingredients are...

1 scoop of protein powder

1 scoop of lecithin granules (to allow it to blend and stay mixed)

1 raw egg

2 tbl spoons of Milo (whey) chocolate powder (optional)

2 cups of milk (whole or skimmed - your choice)

In the blender for a few seconds, and then in a tall glass. I down it with my vitamins, and it lasts me through lunch.

I ain't into body building or anything though... I just like my protein shakes for breakfast. I've been doing this for many years... almost 30 now.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit