Transition from Kingdom Hall to Church

by findingmyway 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• findingmyway
    findingmyway
    Yep! I was an elder and now I consider myself successfully faded.

Was that hard for you? I know that it is different for everyone, but how long did it take for you to be successfully faded?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Is this a process? Will I ever overcome these taboos? Did you experience something similar?

Yep - leaving the witnesses in not a moment - it is a process!

A PM is a private message. Look at the top of your screen where your screen name appears - you will see a box that says (1 New Message) or similar. Just click on that box and get your mail. BTW - wifey has made the jump to occasional churchgoer - I have not yet - but she says the love there is soooo much greater than what she ever felt in the KH. If someone told you that oranges were bitter and full of poison it might take a long time to try one. When you do, you would know that you have been lied to.

Jeff

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

You just need to ease your son away from the KH teachings slowly.

My son was 7 when I left. We didn't go to a different church, but I had been a nazi witness, and then all of a sudden we were not going any longer. I sat him down, and explained to him the best I could that it is important to follow what you believe, and that I had discovered some things that made me realize I didn't agree with the things taught at the KH. That I wanted him to have a life where he could get to know people of all walks of life, and that the KH wouldn't allow him to play with other kids, just because of their religion. Of course, he did have some guilt the first time we celebrated xmas, and some with his bday, but he adjusted pretty well. I think it helps a lot if he has some non witness friends too.

I agree that you should really take things slow if you are uncomfortable going to a new church already. Does your boyfriend really understand how you feel about it? You may need to have a few more discussions and really give him some details about why it is uncomfortable. Also, you need to know if he would still be with you if choose not to attend his church. This is VERY important...you really, REALLY need to find out for sure before you get married.

Good luck, and welcome.!

• damselfly
    damselfly

I don't attend church, I've been put off religion completely. I have attended church ( Catholic ) for friend's weddings. I also attend at Christmas with my partner's family.

Dams

• Honesty
    Honesty

I figured that since they had lied to me about the reason they joined the UN (put any label on it you want to because the fact remains that they joined as an NGO) even after I told the Crooklyn masters that I had some documents proving otherwise and they had twisted the NWT so badly to make it almost unrecognisable as a bible I went to a church that I had been scoping out for a couple of weeks. Been there almost a year now and can see and feel the presence of the Lord.

The apostate Governing Body has been lying through their teeth about real Christian churches ever since Judge Rutherfraud's tenure as prez of the club. If you want bible truth you can find it on almost every corner of every street in every city. If you want lies, deception, spiritual death and an empty feeling for not having Christ indwelling in you then any local Kingdom hall is the place to be.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

In 1993 I went to Catholic mass. Once was a enough for me.

• hmike
    hmike

Yes, i did for about two yrs. I went to mainly pentacostal ones. Enjoyed it, until i found out about the bible.

S

I've seen another brief reference like this from you, Satanus. You're one of a few who made the transition from JW to a Christian Church and left. I'd really like to read your story about the whole process--your thoughts & impressions, and what prompted you to make the decisions you made--esp. to leave a Pentecostal church, which emphasizes the work of the Holy Spirit. Maybe you could post a new thread if that works for you.

Mike

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I cannot bring myself to attend any gathering of any form of organized religion. My JW experience has caused me to form a very strong aversion to such a thing.

I will attend a wedding or funeral or other religious gatherings that are important to my friends.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Got married in a Methodis Church, but rarely set foot in one. I've spoken in a few Unitarian Universalist churches but for the most part feel its a regression.

carmel

• rebel8
    rebel8

Just a gentle suggestion, take it or leave it FWIW...it may be a good idea to take a short break from all religion. It's kinda like getting out of an abusive relationship. Taking a break lets you heal and put things into perspective. Then when you're feeling better, you can start anew with a fresh set of healthy boundaries.

link to recovery book

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit