Transition from Kingdom Hall to Church

by findingmyway 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I used to attend church from time to time while staying with my father on the weekends, and it was so much more relaxing than the Hall. There was no pressure to fit in with a certain clique and I didn't feel like every movement was being analyzed and judged. Everything was spacious and bright with big windows and an actual band!

What did we have at the Hall? Closed curtains with boarded up windows, drab, green carpeting under uncomfortable seats, and the cheapest sounding tape recorder playing dreary songs that no one could sing in tune to. Some people seemed to scream the songs just so we couldn't hear the crackling music.

I don't go to any church now, but if I had to make a choice I damned sure wouldn't pick the Kingdom Hall.

• Shining One
    Shining One

Right here! Feel free to e-mail me anytime. Rex

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Every opportunity I get.

I've been to a wide range of denominations, and am not averse to going into any place of worship.

I figure that I can't slate that which I've not experienced first hand, and given that there's so much variety even within the same denomination, a lot of the time...

It's nice to live it without rushing, though. Take your time, chill, and see how it feels as time moves on

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

A few weeks after I was df'd I found myself attending an Evangelical church just a few yards away from my last KH. There was a "Bible Study" scheduled, I just stepped in and shared -- it was strangely natural to me. I was kindly welcome, and I keep very good memories of the people there. Later I realised I did not agree with the Evangelical doctrines either, and I have rarely set foot in any church in the last 10 years -- but it was an important step on my way.

To each his/her way, of course. My advice, fwiw, would be: do not refrain from going where you feel like going. There are nice people everywhere, and there is more to people than their beliefs, values and doctrines.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Nicely put, Didier.

Btw, you've been missed

• Purza
    Purza
    If my boyfriend and I ever get married, he will want everyone (including my son) in his household to attend church with him.

Just make sure it is what you want. No one should be forced to attend church if they are not comfortable with it.

After leaving the JWs, I personally have no desire to be a part of any religion (organized or not).

Purza

• hmike
    hmike

Narkissos,

Your's is another story I would like to read. Maybe you would post it sometime.

Mike

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit