Can't find a scripture!

by Sunspot 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• defd
    defd

but the NWT is truly a bastardized version of the scriptures.

I must disagree. The King James VERSION of the bible is exactly that. I found many mistakes and the biggest is how they follow the SUPERSTITOUS practice of replacing Gods name with the title LORD.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

DefD:

With all due respect sunspot, maybe the reason why you cant find a scripture that is contrary to JWS truth is because there is none. We have the truth

No, the reason is that the WTS has rewritten the Bible to suit their already established doctrine. While other christians base shape their doctrine to follow the Bible, the JWs shape the Bible to follow the doctrine.

I must disagree. The King James VERSION of the bible is exactly that. I found many mistakes and the biggest is how they follow the SUPERSTITOUS practice of replacing Gods name with the title LORD.

We had a discussion a while back, DefD. You promised me you were going to show me where I could find the name of God (Yhwh) in the original greek texts of the New Testament. What you eventually did, was to tell me "go search in the internet", in other words you told me to sod of. So I`m wondering: IF the King James version has removed the name of God, could you please tell me the name of even one fragment of the original NT-texts found, in which the name of God can be found?

And when you eventually admit that you can`t because no original text or fragment has been found, containing gods name, then you can tell me if you think it was right of the WTS to put the "Jehovah"-word into the NT in their NWT, not only a place or two, but all over the place. If the answer is yes, then there`s no hope for you.

Sunspot, you can read a lot about the dishonesty of the NWT here; http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/96749/1.ashx

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    No, the reason is that the WTS has rewritten the Bible to suit their already established doctrine. While other christians base shape their doctrine to follow the Bible, the JWs shape the Bible to follow the doctrine.

It took me a while to realize this, but you are absolutely right. It's the same for the "bible-study aids" that the WTS churns out, that they decide on a topic and find scriptures to "support" whatever they are pushing in that publication. A lot of the time, the scripture doesn't really line up with the thought expressed when you read it in context, but it appears to do so at the time because of the way the writers incorporate it into a paragraph in the literature.

Thanks, Hellrider, for the link. I put this into my "WTS expose`file" and will definitely read it later!

One of the times I had visited the Farm, we were told by the tour guide that it takes six months to complete a magazine. Now I can see why. hugs, Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit