Can't find a scripture!

by Sunspot 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Annie - are you still there.? Just woke up and remembered this quote that I was using in a letter recently. It is not a Bible quote, but from a very old Watchtower - almost the exact words you were looking for. I just knew I had seen those words somewhere.

Beware of "organization." It is wholly unnecessary. The Bible rules will be the only rules you will need. Do not seek to bind others' consciences, and do not permit others to bind yours. Believe and obey so far as you can understand God's Word to-day, and so continue growing in grace and knowledge and love day by day…What shall be our Standard by which we may know the truth and prove it? We answer, The Word of God "is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect [-ed in knowledge and conduct], thoroughly furnished unto all good works. [2 Timothy 3:16,17]

Zion’s Watchtower September 15, 1895 Page 216 Jeff

• defd
    defd

Sometimes the NWT is s frustrating! I can seldom find scriptures that might be taken as "contrary" to WTS beliefs. I have been looking for a couple of hours for one scripture and cannot seem to locate it!

With all due respect sunspot, maybe the reason why you cant find a scripture that is contrary to JWS truth is because there is none. We have the truth

D.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Dfed - youre back! I thought you said you werent going to post here anymore?

You sure are a fickle guy.

• defd
    defd

I thought you said you werent going to post here anymore?

I cant stay away. I honestly had a dream last night about this board or something in connection to this board.

• damselfly
    damselfly
    I cant stay away. I honestly had a dream last night about this board or something in connection to this board.

Care to share it with the rest of us?

Dams

• defd
    defd

I think ill keep this one to myself

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    With all due respect sunspot, maybe the reason why you cant find a scripture that is contrary to JWS truth is because there is none. We have the truth

Of course you're not going to be able to easily find them in a Bible translated by the people you're trying to find contrary information on.

It's like looking in a new car brochure and hoping to find out about the engine problems they have had.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

THANK YOU -THANK YOU -THANK YOU JEFF!!!!

I knew I had seen that before! I can't think of where I did, but that was it! Thanks for your perseverance.

I had gone to the online bible searches and entered everything I could think of, and came up empty. The major reason that most of these "scriptural snippets" from the NWT that I try to hunt for-----are different than the other bibles and therefore will not even appear in other translations.

They might think that because they are "easier to understand" (cough), that they can change the words to the point that they don't even match up with standard (and normal) bibles sometimes! Hoping the mods will overlook my language here, but the NWT is truly a bastardized version of the scriptures. The more research that I do, the more this becomes apparent.

dfed,

With all due respect to you, maybe my above comment to Jeff will explain what I mean. I have come across this many times when trying to look up a scripture in the NWT. I have usually found it after an exhaustive search, but I could never figure out why the word I was looking for, wasn't among the ones listed in the index. I finally figured it out, and one more piece was added to the puzzle that is sooooo WTS.

hugs,

Annie

• carla
    carla

Sorry I can't find the site, but, there is a site that could be helpful. Try typing in NWT and what scholars really say, or is the NWT accurate or something on that order. I did find a site that had all the comparisons, greek, KIT, etc... will try to find if I can. carla

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thanks, Carla! This site sounds vaguely familiar, now that you mentioned it. I must have had it here at one time or another when I first left the WTS. I don't seem to have it on here now.

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit