Serena returns money won in gambling

by DevonMcBride 33 Replies latest jw friends

• fairchild
    fairchild
    I often return all of my winnings when gambling. Sadly, its usually back into the slot machine.

LMAO! Same here. Okay, there's gambling and there's gambling. I never understood the no lottery or raffle tickets, it seems absurd to me. Where is the line? Perhaps in the future, they will consider drinking coffee a no-no, because it can cause addiction. Oh, and let's only allow 6 hours of sleep per night, any more sleep could result in laziness and/or take time away from spiritual activities.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Even though she is a blinded WITNOID, I still think she is very sexy. Like her, don;t like her religion.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    here I come with my little 11 dollar ticket. At least I had gas money for the ride home.

Try that now. You might want to press your luck a bit more unless you live next door.

• undercover
    undercover

The Flock book on page 136 says:

Christians should avoid gambling in all its various forms,

including lotteries. (Compare Isaiah 65:11; w89 7/15 p.

30; g82 7/8 pp. 25-7; g81 11/22 p. 27.)

Notice that they reference one scripture but three WT publications.

Isaiah 65:11 says:

“But YOU men are those leaving Jehovah, those forgetting my holy mountain, those setting in order a table for the god of Good Luck and those filling up mixed wine for the god of Destiny.

So this one scripture is the basis for condemning gambling. This is not enough to use to DF anyone in the congregation who decided to gamble. It's not a command, it's not even a principle. It just says some men left god and did something else. What if someone left god and set up a restaurant?

If gambling is such terrible offense to God, don't you think he would have been a little clearer about the instructions not to in his instructions to us?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit