Have you become the 'Pagan' that you thought you would?

by AK - Jeff 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I have to agree with Gretchen, the things I do now, or have done since leaving, would probably appall JW's. However I think I am a honorable person, and I'm sure any higher powers really don't object to my celebration of holidays, or care much about my relationships, past or present. Probably the MOST offensive thing I do (as far as JW's are concerned) is post on this forum.

• out of the box
    out of the box

Well, I eventually went back to celebrating Christmas. My new husband wants a tree and he gets one! It took me many years before I could do it. Now, I do it for my family. I do enjoy all the decorations and lights that go with the season. The music in the stores gets old though. And the Christmas decorations being put out before Labor day now...

I can only measure myself before I was a JW and during and after.

Before, I think I was an average person just trying to get by, didn't steal, didn't deliberately try and hurt anyone and thought I was a good person.

While I was a JW, I think I became a goody-goody. I tried real hard NOT to do anything that would come across as a bad person, but no one saw how 'good I was being' if you know what I mean. I gave up celebrating holidays.

After, I think I have a balance now. I do drink wine with dinner a few times a week, and celebrate holidays and birthdays (at least recognize them). Oh and I am now married to a 'worldly' man. I am worldly too so it's OK. And he is the BEST! So, I think I have a much better life NOW and am truely as happy as one can be in this insecure world.

Thank you for this thread, it made me reflect on my blessings today! Always good to look at the glass as half FULL!

out of the box

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

I use to be like a 12 but now id say about an 8 or 9, but on some occaisions I get back up to a 12

-April

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I do xmas and birthdays, swear a bit more than i did, no meetings/service. Im thinking of getting a tattoo but I dont smoke, do drugs and drink heavily.

Im not sure what my rating would be then....

• daystar
    daystar

If I were to have a deep conversation with a JW, perhaps an elder, I would be branded a pagan at the least. If we got deep enough, he would likely say I'm an anti-christian, heretical, satanist... not all of which is true.

• alreadygone
    alreadygone

Let's see. I'm married with three kids. I'd say I'm pretty tame. Although, I do have a very W I D E wild streak. Nothing too serious though.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Sadly....no

But I'm working on it.

u/d(of the when in Rome...have an orgy class)

• riotgirlpeeps
    riotgirlpeeps

Well the last conversation I had with my dad he said I sounded like an apostate.

I know I'm a 10 in thier books, I can't say I have a particular faith but I do enjoy researching all manners of theology, and I do go drink occasionally etc.

Oh and I have a non jw sig other OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit