Have you become the 'Pagan' that you thought you would?

by AK - Jeff 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• talesin
    talesin

Well, my hippy friends call me "THE ANTICHRIST" ,,,, so you decide... I would say a 10+!

tal, of the *proud to be a 10+ pagan* class

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Hmmm, as a pagan I think I see a stereotype here! We are not evil incarnate and we are not devil worshipers and we are not flakes.

But as JWs see pagans as evil incarnate devil worshiping demonized freaks, I guess I would answer to that description in their tiny little minds. My mom certainly believes I am evil.

However, I don't steal, I don't cheat, I don't do drugs, I barely ever drink, I am monogamous (albeit with a same sex partner), hold down a job, pay my taxes, give to the poor, and worship my higher power. So I think that makes me a good person. I know that makes me a good person. Good thing I don't give a ratzazz what they think, huh?

Sherry

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Well, my hippy friends call me "THE ANTICHRIST" ,,,, so you decide... I would say a 10+!

tal, of the *proud to be a 10+ pagan* class

• joelbear
    joelbear

i think i have basically always been a pagan

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Legolas, beat you to it. Good night all.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Legolas, beat you to it. Good night all.

Good night darling!!!!

Sleepy
  • Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

The very fact that I've left (at least in my heart and mind) and feel closer to God than ever tells me that I'm not the "pagan" I thought I'd have to be to leave. I thought people who left were completely amoral, godless, hardhearted, hardheaded (well, maybe we are that last one). But I feel I'm a better and stronger person than I ever was in the Org. I feel I'm actually a person. I've got no idea what I'd rate. Let's split the difference and call it a 5.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The way i get into nature, i think i fit the wt pagan definition to a degree. I don't worship anything, though. Then there is 'drugs' (just a bit of weed, really). Hooooo. That definitely puts me in the pagan box. Meditation, that equals demons. Yup, i'm pagan.

S

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Chris,

I might even say:

resplendently lascivious.

gentlyferal

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

10 for me I think, I do all the big no -no's now apart from drugs, smoking, drinking, fornication (when I get the chance anyway), birthday and christmas celebrations. Yes, 10 for sure

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit