Wonderful Whimsical Sayings Said To You After You Left The Borg...

by TresHappy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

My favorite one was my father's statement to me after I enrolled in college:

We can't drag your carcass into Armageddon!

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

"What will I tell your grandfather when he's resurrected and you're not there to greet him?"(Sorry, that's about as wonderful and whimsical as it got.)

~Merry

• Honesty
    Honesty

'You've made your decision. Don't ever call here again!"

• skyman
    skyman

Mery don't make me cry.

My mom said, How am I going to tell your brother that you did not care enough for him to see him again in the resurrection.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I can't say it's whimsical, but it is along the lines of "ridiculous". My father said to me, "You'll be back. You can't make it in that world without me. You don't have what it takes."

That's funny. Here I am. Fifteen years later.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

When my wife died in 1996 (and I was still 95% involved) I was told.........."well, if you ever want to see your wife again, you know what you have to do."

In the meantime........a "sis" from my old KH who lost her husband about a year and a half ago, sends me an occasional letter (which I never respond to) telling me that we will be with our spouses in the resurection forever....."so please come back to meetings and rejoice in the truth of Jehovah." What the hell??????????

Have they changed again? It was............."once a spouse dies, you will not be married in the new system." Is the belief different now? Is it new light?

My God...........how did I believe all the crap for over 30 years?

HappyDad

• skyman
    skyman

No new light sorry for her that is. May be it will be a friendly relationship with out sex.

• CinemaBlend
    CinemaBlend

"I'm too spiritually weak to allow myself to associate with you."

"We aren't refusing to associate with you! We're perfectly willing to go in service or to a meeting with you any time you want."

"You make me vomit."

• thom
    thom

"If the elders ask you anything, don't get your self disfellowshipped. Lie if you have to." (cuz God loves a cheerful liar?)
    "You wouldn't go to a church would you? Because you couldn't handle it." (I'm so immature)
    "Is she worth giving up your life for?" (because my family thinks I feel guilty for dating a "worldly" girl and that guilt keeps me from the meetings)

• CinemaBlend
    CinemaBlend

Oh! You reminded me of a good one Thom. "Just don't get disfellowshipped, because then we won't be able to see you anymore, unless it's at a funeral or something."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit