You stinking BULLY!!!

by hibiscusfire 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Ehh.. I got bullied a few times in high school. 'Til I stood up to the bully, and he never bothered me again. As for today, people can try to bully me all they want (see slippy's board for an example, particluarly Bendrr's posts to me), but it doesn't bother me that much. Now if someone was bullying someone I love, family, friends, or caty, somehow I doin't think I'd be as passive about it.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

First I was bullied, in the first and second grade (cus my parents were "jehovahs, jehovahs"). So I turned into a bully myself, for many years. ANd then I stopped, and then I got bullied again...

Kids can be so cruel. It`s survival of the meanest, unfortunately: Bully or be bullied.

• Valis
    Valis

What? You mean to tell me hibiscus you didn't respect the bully after you got beat up? Tsk tsk, obviously the bully didn't spare the rod quite enough...

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I had a middle school gym teacher that woud dismiss us near the end of class to the locker room to change back into our regular clothes. He didn't seem to feel a need to be there himself though however, and it was a bully paradise in that damn locker room. I think the teacher knew it too.

One of the kids bullied me really bad, I was scared to death of him, he would come up to me in the locker room and literally scream at me that he was going to kill me and shit like that. Later on in high school he always seemed to make an effort to be nice to me, I wonder if he felt guilty or something.

I hated middle school. lol

• Terry
    Terry

The first eight grades of school I was the number one bully victim. My life was an awful misery. I was so timid and pathetic I almost think I created a vacuum around me that sucked the bully into my world.

Bullying is a terrible evil, in my opinion. Why? Because good people let it happen who could otherwise speak up and stop it. An act of bullying seems to turn ordinary decent people into mere spectators. They just watch rather than act.

I know that nature is red with fang and claw and God in his infinite thirst for entertainment has divided species into predator and prey; but, that isn't a reason to let it happen to kids.

My self-esteem was so low when I was young I'd take it until I cried like a girl. I just folded. I never struck back and defended myself. It is called the Sanction of the Victim. By not fighting back and demanding fair treatment you set yourself up for more of the same.

One day it all ended. Quite by accident.

I discovered I had a terrible temper! The school bully jumped on my back on the playground and started trying to ride me around like I was a mule. This time it made me so angry I lost my temper.

It scared the bully shitless! He never bothered me again. I discovered righteous rage! I learned to slide from fear to anger and self-defense became an option.

I don't know where it came from except maybe self-preservation.

Then I became a Jehovah's Witness and once again I was the target for bullying! I brought it on myself with my crazy religious practices and refusal to be normal. But, at least I told myself it was for a righteous cause. I replaced righteous rage with righteous piety and an inflated ego!

Jehovah pumped up the volume on my ego to tremendous circumference. I was RIGHT and everybody else would die at Armageddon. Now I could comfort myself with bad treatment by enjoying the idea I'd be picking their bones up and making stew out of them!

I think a low self-esteem may be the source of many a person's clinging to Jehovah and being drawn to the cartoon religion in the first place. You turn the tables on life by being the apple of God's eye and being able to stick your finger in the face of anybody who slights you and pronounce them dead meat at Armageddon.

You get to trade places with the bully and become a BULLY FOR JEHOVAH. Take that! You worthless goat!

T.

• luna2
    luna2
    I think a low self-esteem may be the source of many a person's clinging to Jehovah and being drawn to the cartoon religion in the first place. You turn the tables on life by being the apple of God's eye and being able to stick your finger in the face of anybody who slights you and pronounce them dead meat at Armageddon.

Bingo! Yes, wasn't I special! Didn't God love me for whatever sterling quality (hrm, like humility perhaps?) caused me to listen when his people came to my door! Hallelujah! Barf.

Although, I don't remember ever truly hating anybody enough to take joy in their coming massacre at Armageddon...not even the ex-husband. If they could have been just disappeared, that would have suited me much better. LOL I always hated blood or violence...couldn't watch it on tv, couldn't look at ugly pictures or photos of it, so the part about dead bodies and birds pecking eyes out and junk was something I was deeply dreading.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Sam The Sham And The Pharaohs WOOLY BULLY (Domingo Samudio)

Uno, dos, one, two, tres, quatro
    Matty told Hatty about a thing she saw.
    Had two big horns and a wooly jaw.
    Wooly bully, wooly bully.
    Wooly bully, wooly bully, wooly bully.
    Hatty told Matty, "Let's don't take no chance.
    Let's not be L-seven, come and learn to dance."
    Wooly bully, wooly bully
    Matty told Hatty, "That's the thing to do.
    Get you someone really to pull the wool with you."
    Wooly bully, wooly bully.

• talesin
    talesin

Jonesie,,, I saw that show... and I didn't believe the bully. She seemed to be one of those shallow, 'popular' gurls (yes, even in her 40s) who has little empathy for others ... I kinda felt sorry for her, to tell the truth ... couldn't even 'fess up to her childhood deeds.

Hib, that is yecchy! I was bullied and beaten at school daily, more than I can say, for being JW, for being a 'math brain', for my geeky clothes, etc. Valis does have a point, though. What think you?

tal

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I wasn't a bully, but I did my share of protecting others FROM bullies....I guess you could say, I bullied the bullies....one in particular, was my grade 9 homeroom teacher. He continually picked on, and centred out one of my friends, she was a wee bit of a thing. One day, he was having a go at her, she was reduced to tears. I stood up to him, and told him what i thought of his bullying tactics. …eventually this teacher was suspended and we never saw him again. He was a jerk. That was just one example, but I've never forgotten it.

Delilah

Hmmm… Set those bullies straight!!! You’ve got a good heart. Some teachers have their favourites – it’s so unfair to others who are well-deserving.

I don’t know why some big (status and physically) people like to take advantage of the smaller people. I was looking at Me, Myself and Irene yesterday. But these bullies could really make you lose your cool…then you’d get the blame.

Hib

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

You'd be surprised Hib.. I get a kick out of you.

GBL

Is that so Mr. Get Busy? How come?

Hibiscusfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit