Christianity on the threat of DEATH..

by GetBusyLiving 48 Replies latest jw friends

• startingover
    startingover

Sara Annie

"Ask yourself this simple question: Can you truly, honestly, and without reservation, promise to love and serve someone who threatens to kill you if you don't?"

Sometimes a few words can say so much. Thanks for posting that.

• heathen
    heathen

That would be an interesting turn around as it seems when the gun is pointed at people it is often to keep people from religion. It's also hard to say what I would do in the situation . I guess I'd be a goner because I believe in God but do not want to join the hypocrites ............

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Do you ever speak in tongues Hib?

GBL

• Ticker
    Ticker

I don't know a ton about other denominations but maybe I would choose the Quakers because they seem non controlling, no written creeds, and seem to have done alot in the past for human rights. I love music also so maybe some denomination that is really into music. I would much rather prefer not being part of a denomination and be as I am, a free lance believer open to all possibilities.

Now if it was be a JW or take the bullet, Id take the bullet. Either way you end up brain dead.

Ticker

• Ticker
    Ticker
    "Ask yourself this simple question: Can you truly, honestly, and without reservation, promise to love and serve someone who threatens to kill you if you don't?"

Very well said, makes alot of sence.

Ticker

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Do you ever speak in tongues Hib?

GBL

I think I did once but I didn’t know what I said.

Sometimes people can speak in tongues and not be able to interpret BUT there MUST ALWAYS be someone there to interpret…that’s the rule.

Hibiscusfire

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

That's a little creepy Hib.

GBL

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

That's a little creepy Hib.

GBL Hahahahah I find so too! But do not be afraid. God works in mysterious ways, hibie

• John Doe
    John Doe

Seems speaking in tongues is the opposite of communication.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

John Doe: Seems speaking in tongues is the opposite of communication.

It’s really just a different language and more of the olden days when Jesus walked the earth I believe.

Hibiscusfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit