At 5$ a gallon for gas, will you modify your driving habits?

by JH 55 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

This morning in Quebec city the gas was at $1.10 a litre

• Black Man
    Black Man

Whatever happened to the electric car? If gas hit $5 a gallon, I'd start to seriously protest something..........

• Krystal
    Krystal

Montreal and surrounding areas changes from about 96/L to 116/L depending where u fill up...

It sucks! I am so glad my baby and I have an 2004 Echo Hatchback RS... I have a 45L tank which on average costs 45$ to fill but can take us almost 750km before I have to fill it again! Glad we didn't get an SUV!

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I only drive about 3 miles to work. I suppose if worse came down worse I'd walk to work. At this point, I only put gas in my Jetta once a month so its not killing me financially. I hate to see people driving hummers and SUV's to tote thier kids around, and then complain about the price of gas.

But still I hate paying $2.70 a gallon. I remember when gas was $.89 a gallon.

• JH
    JH

I took my father's Toyota Camry this morning and the gas needle was between half and three quarters, so I decided to fill it up, and it cost 33$ . Imagine if the tank would have been empty.

• Krystal
    Krystal
    Whatever happened to the electric car?

The Smart Car:

Average consumption over 100 km is just 4,2 litres (combined).

Come on, it is cute... :-)

Toyota Prius

half electric "hybrid" car...

FUEL ECONOMY L/100 Km (mpg)

Fuel Consumption Rating

City/Highway

4.0/4.2 (71/67)

And my personal fav:

Lexus RX 400H

The world's first hybrid SUV!!

Performance Technology

Hybrid Synergy Drive

Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV)

Fuel Capacity litres (gal.) 65 (14.3)
    Fuel Consumption - City/Highway L/100km 7.5 / 8.1
    Fuel Consumption - City/Highway mpg 38 / 35

Honda makes one too, although I am not a big Honda fan... just know that there are more fuel efficent options out there!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit