At 5$ a gallon for gas, will you modify your driving habits?

by JH 55 Replies latest jw friends

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Get ready to buy a used Hummer H2 for cheap!

• kls
    kls

Since there is nothing close to where i live i have no choice but to drive but i sure go less frequently. Now if i can just learn to take it easy on the gas peddle.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I'm going to look into buying an electric or semi-electric car. We've all become too dependent on gasoline.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The Middle East think they are hurting the Great Satan by raising their prices... what they fail to realize is that oil is their only significant export. In time the US will adapt and start using other non-oil fuel sources. When that happens, the Middle East in all its wisdom will say a collective: Oh Shit!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

We have already altered our driving habits. We only drive 2 or 3 times a week - max. Kev has always bussed to work. We combine all of our errands, and put an errand off untill we have others to do.

We have a 15 mph old chevy van v8, but that is only for big loads or camping. It hasn't moved in 6 months. Our regular vehicle is a small Nissan pickup that gets 20mpg.

I want a hybred or diesel bug.

• delilah
    delilah

I'm going to but me a horse......and some bales of hay!!!!! My body will be in real good shape by next summer when i start walking to work.......

Delilah

• delilah
    delilah

Uh, that's, BUY me horse.....sorry.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    At any rate i hope it goes to $10 a gallon and it hurts like hell. Then the US will DO something about alternatives and we will remove dependence on the middle east and they can go and pound sand and kill each other because we won't need them any longer.

Donkey

Personally, I believe that the state and federal government loves high gas prices. Don't forget, the tax on gas is a PERCENTAGE of the price, not a flat fee added to it.

Here in IL they balanced the budget with projected taxes coming from gas sales. Now with gas going up 35%, they are raking in the big bucks. No wonder the state and federal governments don't want us to change our driving habits. They're loving it!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I started changing my driving habbits at $2.00 a gallon.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Roy, not all states have it as a % of gas price. In Oregon taxes are still about 30cents per gallon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit