Knocking film in the news...

by Elsewhere 23 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

You have to also think about the scriptures the Dubs take out of context. I can see them quoting the scripture in Acts ("keep obstaining from blood") as the reason why they don't take blood transfusions. The general public will get no explanation in this program about the context or that scripture and the reason behind Paul stating it. There are a host of other examples of how they can quickly make scripture quotes that to the regular viewer, having no real knowledge of the Bible, appear reasonable (albeit fundamentalist) and God fearing.

GBL

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

kls-I was thinking the same thing-a MAJOR setback for all of us.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous
    We look forward to seeing the positive impact this film has in telling the untold stories of Jehovah's Witnesses.

You know, if the preaching work was actually accomplishing what JWs claim it does, no one would need to watch a documentary to know what JWs were all about.

• Nick
    Nick

It's obvious that the producer/director's agenda in going to be a puff-piece and not evenhanded. It seems the last thing he wants is ex-JWs changing the thesis of his documentary. The truth about the "truth" be damned.

Also, this guy sounds like a JW or a recent convert. He's definitely making a Valentine for the WTS.

Nick

• kls
    kls
    The director's mother, however, is a Witness.

Anyone happen to catch this ?

Sincerely, Joel P. Engardio Producer/Director Heres the link http://www.knocking.org/

I see a snake . Unbiased , my ass.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

the Bethel organization in Brooklyn, Patterson and Wallkill, New York has been cooperative with the producers of this film. We interviewed Watchtower representatives on camera and filmed inside Bethel.

They only way WTS representatives would have agreed to this is if they knew with absolute certainty that the documentary would be pro-JW.

Anytime the WTS thinks something might not be entirely sympathetic toward their religion they run and hide and refuse to talk to anyone. At most they might produce a very generic written statement.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I predict that active JW's will love it. What they don't realize is that the "world" will be able to see the deep unhappiness that shines from them. We as a group can't change the film, but a publicity swirl from the ex-JW community will do a lot to raise awarness about the negative aspects that JW's have.

Dams

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    We show both the ups and downs

But they're only showing one side of the coin and in all fairness, a class action law suit by xdubs against the makers of this film and the broadcasters would set them on their collective *sses.

Frannie

• kls
    kls

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Jehovah's Witnesses PBS Film KNOCKING Omits the Facts
    Pressbox.co.uk (press release), UK - Aug 11, 2005
    ... We divorced in 1994-96.Over the years I did a great deal of research into the beliefs and history of Jehovah's Witnesses. My research ...

Ours above by Alan F. submitted by Danny Haszard has had many more hits.

Whoa whoa whoa guys that "press release" is from flunky Stuart116 a loose cannon j-dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit