Knocking film in the news...

by Elsewhere 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Nick
    Nick

I just sent an e-mail to PBS asking about the documentary. I'll let you know when I get a reply.

My PBS e-mail:

Myself and several support groups for former Jehovah's Witness keep hearing about an upcoming PBS documentary titled "Knocking."

From the press releases it seems to be a puff piece about the religious cult and not at all objective or evenhanded. Attempts from many people from around the world who wish to share their negative experiences about this religious group seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

When does PBS plan on airing the piece? Is there anyway to have imput into this PBS documentary?

• jaredg
    jaredg

GBL,

I searched for steve hassan's email address on the internet but couldn't find it.

Jared

• Valis
    Valis

[email protected]

Try that one Jared..

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    And we do have Jehovah's Witnesses who are serving as consultants for factual accuracy.

...and who says this film isn't the work of JWs? If JWs are the consultants, the film is going to put JWs in positive light. I'd find it better to film a documentary on JWs vs "The World" and let the audience decide.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit