Buffalo, NY JW woman killed by stray bullet

by Cygnus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

It seemed like a normal, tragic story, a hard-working mother who held down 2 jobs and all of her children went to college.

Then the article says she was a devout JW. I had to do a double-take.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050818/1025447.asp

• caty
    caty

Very sad as is all senseless violence. It's also sad that human life has varying levels of outrage in our society. Put a young pretty blonde girl's picture up in that news story. I wonder how much more coverage it would get. What page was this article on in the paper Cygnus?

• rebel8
    rebel8

How sad.

I wonder if blood was an issue.

Not surprising she had a cleaning business.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I dunno what page, sweetie, I read the paper online and it was under City and Region so I'm guessing it was on the front page of that section, usually B or C (A being the front page).

• caty
    caty

ok, im probably just in one of my rant moods

• delilah
    delilah

What a sad story. A person is not even safe in their own home anymore!!! My heart goes out to her family, who, by the sounds of it, aren't JW's?! They all seem to be so active with sports and professional jobs and all.....anyways, it's a sad day, when you are minding your own bees wax, and you die in the comfort of your own home, from violence.

Delilah

• feelinglost
    feelinglost

That's very sad to see.

And Rebel- the same thing went through my mind- a cleaning business.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Gut shot Jehovah's Witness. I gotta think she died from lack of blood medical treatment. I can't think of any devout Jehovah's Witness I know getting blood transfusions to save their life. Hope I'm wrong.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I agree, Gary. It took her over a week to die. I'd think there are a few missing blood transfusions in her medical treatment.

• mapleaf18
    mapleaf18

that's really horrible. i know here in rottenchester ny, we have more shootings per capita than NYC! it sounds like her kids didn't take to the JW life, however. (notes: one child was a marine corp vet)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit