The 144,000 and the Great Crowd of Revelation

by Leolaia 66 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Thanks for your detailed post! I did read it and I will need to save it! Enjoyed reading about the Gentiles representing the Great Crowd. There was one point that I need to find, how the Gentiles will need to come into the congregation, I believe it was in Romans.

I liked how you stated the similarities and difference between the 144,000, Great Crowd, and martyrs. I gather that there might be a completed number of people that no earthly person would be able to number.

You sure do know how to expose the WTBTS teachings with Ezekiel’s prophecy which does not add up to the book of Revelation. It sure does look like you are pointing out to a more accurate last day fulfillment than the WTBTS. Although I am sure you do not consider yourself a prophecy just sharing information.

It really is kind of frustrating when WTBTS claimed to have so much deep understanding yet they missed something as simple as just reading through Ezekiel’s last day prophecy and noting what is future and not just explaining it away as symbolic! Biblically, no one should just wait on a group of people, Governing Body, to explain the obvious.

You seemed to make it clear how their teachings on Ezekiel’s visions are wrong and do not add up with Revelations

I am going to miss your essays! Thanks for all of your hard work!

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

Thanks for all your research Leolaia, great work.

Betcha the writers of Watchtower mag are goggle eyed at this.

Witchettygrub

• stapler99
    stapler99

I've been reading a few old threads on this subject and I thought it would be good to bump this one.

One thing I am still trying to work out is whether there is an interpretation where there are inhabitants of the earth during the Millennium. The 144,000 go to be kings and priests, but does this mean they are kings over people living on earth?

I do not believe it is divinely inspired scripture but it would be good to see what other coherent interpretations exist other than the WTS one, if only for purposes of discussing it with current JW's.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Thanks for bumping this, stapler. I've never read it before, but I am a huge Leo fan and have downloaded this to print off and read later. Just a day or so ago, I got out my old Revelation Climax book and was flipping through it somewhat sadly, thinking how silly and baseless most of it was. So finding this post is a real boon.

And, Leo, thank you, once again and five years later, for your intellectual generosity.

• jonathan dough
  • Ding
    Ding

In Revelation 21, the holy city, the new Jerusalem, comes down out of heaven and God dwells with men.

This seems to me to indicate that the distinction between heaven and earth will at that time be abolished.

If so, the arguments about whether the Bible promises heaven or a paradise earth evaporate because the answer is yes.

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

marking

• designs
    designs

Jonathan-

Why don't you post a Directory on the goofy ideas of the Fundamentalists and Evangelicals.

Fair for the goose is fair for the gander, or with you guys is it a case of Sauce for the goose is Terrible for the gander.

• Nebeska Nada
    Nebeska Nada

Great post, Leolaia! Thank you!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

we all know that Freddie Franz had a hard-on for being ELITE. He resented anyone claiming that they were newly annointed. Just listen to anyone of his taped talks. He is always ranting about how special he and his freinds are. NO NEW REPLACEMENTS! - Remember that WT ??? CLOSING OF THE CALL IS 1935 - YOU CANT BE SPECIAL LIKE ME - I guess with Freddie dead they have capitalized on his absence and thrown all that in the garbage.

Aren't all of the GB2.0 "newly" annointed? I don't think any are old enough to be from the pre-1935 class. I think the oldest is 75 thus born in 1935. None have served on GB more than about 10 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit