Nun confronts Hanks over 'Da Vinci Code'

by William Penwell 39 Replies latest social current

• Mulan
    Mulan
    P.S. I read the book and it is all Bull SHEET the book is wrong in its facts but is right about Jesus being married. So the books facts are not true but he is right but Jesus being married.

For Pete's sake, it's a novel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• skyman
    skyman

I see you think you have done your research. Rabbi is used two differrednt way I think you better do alittle more reseach. And yes carpenty was a very high paying trade at Jesus time. Notice they could not find a better place to stay the night. The town I live in had Leanord Nemoy travel though this town about 25 years ago. GUESS WHAT he could not find a place to stay that night WOW a friend had to put him up for the night. Jesus was thought of as royal blood that is why the Jew's asked is he taking the king ship at this time. No every one could have done this only royal blood. When Jesus was a live the people were look for a King to lead them. Since Jesus was not only royalty on both sides of his family and of royal linage for Eygpt. To go back and comment on your post

In modern times the term "Rabbi" (in Judæo-German, "Rab")

we are not talking about modern times but how the Jewish leaders would of used the term Rabbi that is what matters not how the average person would use the tittle rabbi today. Remember there is two different Greek words here so two different meanings. So you can quote all day from sources trying to put Jesus down like the Jewish scholars what matter is the TRUTH.

I have to leave now so if you put a reply down I am sorry I will not be able to reply.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    I see you think you have done your research. Rabbi is used two differrednt way I think you better do alittle more reseach. And yes carpenty was a very high paying trade at Jesus time. Notice they could not find a better place to stay the night. The town I live in had Leanord Nemoy travel though this town about 25 years ago. GUESS WHAT he could not find a place to stay that night WOW a friend had to put him up for the night. Jesus was thought of as royal blood that is why the Jew's asked is he taking the king ship at this time. No every one could have done this only royal blood. When Jesus was a live the people were look for a King to lead them. Since Jesus was not only royalty on both sides of his family and of royal linage for Eygpt. To go back and comment on your post

I think you need to provide sources, and preferebly not of the "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" type.

• Celia
    Celia
    It was the costume for a Jewish boy at age twelve to be betroved a wife

I think it was the custom . . ..

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Terry is right, Davinci Code is based on Holy Blood, Holy Grail. I just watched a special on the Discovery channel about all this stuff the other night, and while it was quite fascinating, none of it could be proved to be true. One of the most damning bits of the story was when they played some audio tape that they said came from a radio interview with the perpetrator of the 'Priory Sion' story. He confesses that the whole thing was a hoax. The camera then pans to a picture of the man in his youth, standing next to a roadsign saying Sion 10km or something like that. Apparently he got the name Sion from a mountain near where he grew up.

• badboy
    badboy

tHERE ARE PEOPLE TURNING UP AT nOTRE dAME(OR WHEREEVER,expecting to see bloodstains(or whatever) being disappointed.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

We had a documentary in the UK dispelling the evidence the writer of Da Vinci used. He was quizzed with this and he looked very uncomfortable. A lot of it generated by some french hoaxers.

• luna2
    luna2

Its a novel not a research paper. Not knowing enough about the Catholic church or secret societies, I didn't take any of it too seriously.

I read one of his other books first...Angels and Demons I think...and found DVC to use a similar blueprint, especially in regards to how the hero relates to the women he meets. It reminded me of a scholarly James Bond sort of read. Actually, it totally lost my interest by towards the end...I didn't even bother to read the last ten pages or so before loaning it to my son. LOL

• Room 215
    Room 215

C'mon folks, chill out; it's just a novel, and a pretty good one at that.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    C'mon folks, chill out; it's just a novel, and a pretty good one at that.

What makes the bible anymore an authoritative book? I think the bible is as much fiction as the DVC. They are both based on oral traditions, stories past from one generation to the next but for some reason the bible is considered "Gospel" truth, not to be questioned? I know some are pushing for the DVC film to have a disclaimer at the beginning stating it is a work of fiction. I think any bible film should also have the same thing. Like Mel Gibson’s Passion of Christ should have a disclaimer saying this is based on fiction and not to be taken literally....

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit