Ouija boards Do you feel they are real or not?Any personal experiences?

by Ticker 67 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ticker
    Ticker

I've had several expereiences with Ouija boards, some interesting, some disturbing, and as skeptical as I try to be I have to admit I have seen it personally say things and do things that I can not logically explain. Some say its your sub-conscience, some say its spirits, others say its demons. I am just wondering if any of you have had experiences with the Ouija board, what they were, and what you believe about them, supernatural or just another simple amusement?

Ticker

• Mulan
    Mulan

I had one experience with one when I was about 10 years old and didn't know we weren't supposed to play with them. One of my school friends had one. It told me I would get married at 17 to a man named David. I did.

Of course, at the time, the boy I liked was named David...........different one.............so I may have influenced it.

• Terry
    Terry

G.I.G.O. (garbage in/garbage out)

Try a blind test. Blindfold the operator of the ouija board and see what you get. It shouldn't hinder the "spirit".

T.

• Ticker
    Ticker

You know whats wierd though and is how the planchette will speed up and at times almost go with a maddening speed, and you can try to manipulate it but it seems to come to a animation of its own. I dont know if this is just a work of our own selves? I too have had it say things that have later come true but have I influenced it also? I have always been troubled by wondering if they are really a portal to the supernatural or not? Maybe Terry is right Garbage in/Garbage out. Very interesting though Mulan how you ended up marrying a David at age 17 like the board had predicted.

Ticker

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I have used one too and worked it with another person and it answered questions that neither of us knew the answer to but another person present knew and someone else to back the answer up; it freaked out a couple of people present. They got spooked and left. So there is something there mysterious; I dont know exactly what's behind it.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I Don't believe it's real at all. The only times I have played on them has been with friends of mine and there has always been guys around. And I refuse to believe the Ouija board or the demons wanted me to have sex with any of those guys!

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I've posted this before, but it deserves re-posting, since the question has come up again:

This is from James Randi's excellent website devoted to debunking the paranormal:

While Christmas shopping the other day, I passed two women in the games aisle who were in a heated discussion over what game to buy their teenage niece. One woman pointed to the Ouija board game and commented, much to my amusement, "Oh. Not that. Why do they even sell that? A device for contacting evil spirits." The other woman nodded her head in agreement and shuddered at the mention of it. It made me realize how different our two realities were. What would life be like, living in a world where toys from Wal-Mart could open the portal to another dimension filled with demons eager to destroy your life and haunt you forever — for a mere $16.99?

I couldn't resist, and commented, "Isn't it amazing how some $2-an-hour employee at Parker Brothers managed to crack the code of the universe years ago with a piece of wood and some plastic and was able to devise a foolproof contraption to contact the deceased?" They both gave me the strangest look because it was clear they couldn't compute what I had just said.

"On the other hand," I continued, "at least it doesn't need batteries."

Thought you might enjoy that. I know I did.

I'm laughing between the groans….

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

Not me but my husband never been a JW, not a spirtual person used to gave it up after one seesion with mates. Can on piano fell on floor, righted itself from its side then rolled towards then (Floor was uneven and it rolled uphill) Never played with one ever again.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I tried it once as a teenager, it didn`t work. I think demons are scared shitless of me!

• Ticker
    Ticker

Misanthropic: Sexual stuff on an ouiji board. Yep Ive personally seen it spell stuff like that out but that could have been me at the time as I was on a board with a girl I liked.lol

Captain Schmideo: Very interesting though that posted story about opening this portal to another dimension in which you can contact spirits for a mere $16.99 It does seem silly when you think about it.

Myself I dont know for sure what to believe, maybe I'll run some tests on it, but I really think its somewhat influenced by the person on it. Thinking of what Terry wrote and Captain Schmideo, I remember once being on an ouiji board with a friend that couldn't spell squat and guess what, the ghost, spirit, demon, or whatever couldn't spell worth a hoot either. I have noticed also that it seems to be influenced by what a person believes at the current time, as specifically to spiritual beliefs I am meaning.

Teela2: That would be spooky for sure, but I'd have to see that to believe it.

Hellrider: lol They probably are. When I first got on one it took me along time before anything would happen either, I didnt think it would ever work, then poof it just started moving. I don't know if their supposed to be demons or spirits or what, but they sure hate it when you argue with them, which I would do. LMAO

Keep the story's coming from both sides, skeptic and believer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit